Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My picks are now in for 2023-24 TPWD Public Hunt Draw!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Laguna is not 50/50 odds and hasn't been for a couple of years. It used to be better than 50% odds, but that was the first 2 years of TPWD taking over the draw there.
    it's much worse than that in year one of applying(w 1 cubed point) and better than 50:50 in year 2 of applying(with 8 cubed points). There were 1900 applicants for 800 spots last year. I'm sure there are people who won't get drawn but the odds of getting picked every 3 years are very good.

I've never hunted LA but have drawn LRGV twice in the past 4 years and done very well on those hunts. Mainly applied for the LRGV hunts bc they were smaller and more accessible and I had never hunted that area before so LA was a little intimidating. I'm still applying for the hunts that have decent odds(NWR archery and E-postcard archery). I've done 8 of those hunts over the past 4 years since I really started applying for them. It's all the other stuff that isn't hardly worth it, at least for me with only a few points in most categories.

Comment

I'm entered. got the wife and i entered for gun mule deer at Big Bend SP and Sierra Diablo WMA. Also the guided bighorn sheep hunt and gun deer at Chaparral. I may go back and enter for some archery as well. Can't decide where though.

Comment

Got my 57 dates in. Cut a few short too.

Gotta work on all the other stuff outside TP&W now.

Comment

I applied for a few, but it seems like there was a lot fewer hunts available this year. I guess the drought and extreme heat have pretty well handled the population control efforts for us.

Comment

I'm finally on a lease so I only put in for the Chap. Been wanting to hunt there forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I'm finally on a lease so I only put in for the Chap. Been wanting to hunt there forever.
              Anybody know when the last warthog sighting was? That's one thing that keeps me applying out there.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post

Anybody know when the last warthog sighting was? That's one thing that keeps me applying out there.
                Heck I always forget about the warthogs out there.

Comment

Working...
                X