Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My picks are now in for 2023-24 TPWD Public Hunt Draw!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My picks are now in for 2023-24 TPWD Public Hunt Draw!!

I sent in my "donation" today for the Public Hunt drawings for 2023-2024. I did not enter as many last year but I did enter at least one in every category. We will now see how my luck is this year!! Good Luck Everyone!!!

Mike, you done messed up. Always wait till the last minute to apply.
    So, what and where did you apply to?

Comment

I've got all my son's stuff for the youth hunts put in. I think I did 17 or 18 total for him (I will double check the total).

Gotta do the adult categories at some point in the near future.
      Last edited by BradBryant1000; 07-02-2023, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        Mike, you done messed up. Always wait till the last minute to apply.
        So, what and where did you apply to?
        Exotic, Archery Deer, Gun Deer Either Sex, Gun Deer Antlerless. Put in for 8 hunts!

Comment

After drawing only a few hunts over a span of 12 years, I don’t even get excited about getting my apps in lol

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
            After drawing only a few hunts over a span of 12 years, I don’t even get excited about getting my apps in lol
            Yep- really not even worth putting in an application if you ask me. Save your money for a lease

Comment

Originally posted by ZINS708 View Post

Yep- really not even worth putting in an application if you ask me. Save your money for a lease
              The odds are so bad its near criminal, if I didn't have so many darn preference points I wouldn't even bother putting in anymore.

Comment

I’m mule deer and exotic heavy again for 2023-2024
                & BSC putting in for a bighorn this year

Comment

Spent 24 bucks!! Would take me 100 years to save enough for a Lease. But i already have buddy's Ranch that I hunt for free. Plus going on a Nilgai Hunt on the Kenedy Ranch in October. So draw or no draw I am good!

Comment

put in for 1/5 as many hunts as I have the past 3-4 years. with the cubed points system the odds are so low in most categories now it isn't worth wasting the money except to buy points.

Comment

I'm in for 43 so far. Once the e-Postcard hunts open I'll be applying for a handful of those as well. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                        put in for 1/5 as many hunts as I have the past 3-4 years. with the cubed points system the odds are so low in most categories now it isn't worth wasting the money except to buy points.
                        Odds for Laguna Atascosa are about 50/50, but a long way to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post

Odds for Laguna Atascosa are about 50/50, but a long way to travel.
                          Laguna is not 50/50 odds and hasn't been for a couple of years. It used to be better than 50% odds, but that was the first 2 years of TPWD taking over the draw there.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post

Spent 24 bucks!! Would take me 100 years to save enough for a Lease. But i already have buddy's Ranch that I hunt for free. Plus going on a Nilgai Hunt on the Kenedy Ranch in October. So draw or no draw I am good!
                            Even a journey of a 1000 miles begins with a first step, lol. Could have put that $24 in a savings account for the lease

Comment

Even a journey of a 1000 miles begins with a first step, lol. Could have put that $24 in a savings account for the lease
                              Just FYI, I have drawn 4 hunts in the TPWD Drawn Hunts the last 2 years. Just sayin! Money well spent!

Comment

Working...
                              X