No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that sucks bro, I personally have only lost one animal after shooting it with my bow, an awesome aoudad. I still relive the hunt and wish things could of worked out better. Maybe next time you will have a little more luck on your side.

Comment

look on the bright side. At least it wasn't a huge buck. I still have nightmares about my bad shot.

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost her Stryker. I know the feeling all too well.

HG
        Last edited by homegrown; 10-20-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

One thing for sure hg, every time this guy looks at that buck on his wall he will think about how he found it. He also has a decision to make about how he obtained it. So does he lie and make up some great hunting story? I've read enough on this forum that you put a lot of work into your hunts. I would never put something like that on my wall unless I harvested the animal.
          Best of luck the rest of the season hg, I guess on a positive note, you still have that buck tag.

Comment

Originally posted by t100 View Post
            One thing for sure hg, every time this guy looks at that buck on his wall he will think about how he found it. He also has a decision to make about how he obtained it. So does he lie and make up some great hunting story? I've read enough on this forum that you put a lot of work into your hunts. I would never put something like that on my wall unless I harvested the animal.
            Best of luck the rest of the season hg, I guess on a positive note, you still have that buck tag.

Huh???

Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              Huh???

Maybe I missed something.
              You did. He deleted what he had to say about the buck he shot.

Comment

Up and packing for the trip to Lake Whitney. Should be up there about 1 or 2. Look for the new silver Suburban.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFReedy View Post
                  Up and packing for the trip to Lake Whitney. Should be up there about 1 or 2. Look for the new silver Suburban.
                  Get em... good luck

Comment

Yea sorry guys I got impatient waiting on some info on my buck and should not have posted last night. Turns out it wasn't him. Too much season left to be dwelling on the past. I'm gettin back out and starting over. Good luck to anybody hunting this weekend.

HG

Comment

I have a question, not sure if it's been asked on here yet, and I'm meaning no offense to anyone, but... Why have their been so many deer lost? Is it bad shots, tough deer, tough terrain? I'm just curious cuz eventually I'll be able to get my butt back out there and hopefully get a chance to fling one..

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Truth be told, I dont think any more have been lost than usual, we just have a forum to hear about it more easily now. You obviously are going to have more losses with bows than rifles, too many variable from if the broadhead opens, or you catch bone, so on, and so forth. What has impressed me the most so far is the extents that everyone here seems to put forth into finding their game. It would be one thing to look for a little bit and then go on with it, but almost everyone here seems to spends days at a time, and enlist the help of others to conduct a thorough search. So my hats off to most you guys that actually put forth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker311 View Post
                          Truth be told, I dont think any more have been lost than usual, we just have a forum to hear about it more easily now. You obviously are going to have more losses with bows than rifles, too many variable from if the broadhead opens, or you catch bone, so on, and so forth. What has impressed me the most so far is the extents that everyone here seems to put forth into finding their game. It would be one thing to look for a little bit and then go on with it, but almost everyone here seems to spends days at a time, and enlist the help of others to conduct a thorough search. So my hats off to most you guys that actually put forth the effort.

Yep to all of it

Comment

I don't know if any of you guys could use a nice climber

Comment

So are you selling two of them for 135. or just one?

HG

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                                So are you selling two of them for 135. or just one?

HG
                                I just have one. I copied and pasted the title from the thread that I bought them off of because I am lazy

Comment

Working...
                                X