No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Been out of town. Relative had cancer surgery and at same time found out that a good friend is dying of Leukemia. Kind of a double scoop. Had to change my hunting plans. Not easy to take when a friend looks you in the eyes and tells you he's dying, shakes your hand, thanks you for being a good friend and asks to look after his wife when he's gone. Just a month ago he was driving and doing fine and now has lost complete sight in one eye. Was told he has less than two months at the most.
    Last edited by 12 point; 10-08-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bud. I'll keep you and your friends in my prayers. Just thank God for getting the opportunity to be friends with him. We want to keep all of our friends and family around forever but ultimately...............we all belong to HIM.

As far as sitting in an uncomfortable seat all day. Go to Cabelas and get you one of the Gorilla replacement seats for $30 bucks. Very comfy all day. Hope this helps.

Comment

Attention all::

I am fittin to head to a spot on W.
        This is fair warning,I will be packing in everything I need,may take 2-3 trips..

You will know where I'm at,acause I have hired a marching band to follow me,and to entertain my fellow hunter's... Your welcome.
        And feel free to tip the dancing girl's,they work hard for their money.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

This is fair warning,I will be packing in everything I need,may take 2-3 trips..

You will know where I'm at,acause I have hired a marching band to follow me,and to entertain my fellow hunter's... Your welcome.

Carry on.
          Probably won't be able to hear them over the wind, so could you tell them to play extra loud!

Comment

Just picked up an ol man climber pretty nice. Time two get back out to lake W and try it out.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              Wind is whipping through the tree tops. Gad a squirrel run through the trees all around me. He eyed me up like he was going to make a jump to it, but then did not. Pretty quiet. Hopefully the deer start moving soon.
              Damian, what are you do-n hunt-n up here . You could have at least called .

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
              Three tree rats that all I got coming into eat my corn.
              Pope & Young! Pope & Young! Shoot-em, shoot-em !

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post

Carry on.
              Alan, let me know where your going. I'll come just for the dance-n girls .

HCD, sorry to hear about your friend. No matter haw many times I have witnessed death, it is never easy. But rest assured my friend, there is hope through faith.

Comment

Shot a buck at lake a this morning at 7:10 and never found him. Had the family out helping me look. No luck.

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                  Shot a buck at lake a this morning at 7:10 and never found him. Had the family out helping me look. No luck.
                  So... Your done looking for him?

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Yes I gave it up after about 4 hours

Comment

Hopefully the Brazos river (PK and Granbury) and the Nolan will get a lot of rain over the next couple of days. I'm ready to go. It would also help the duck hunters.

I earned a lot of points today. The boss wanted some of the bushes out in the front of the house, I chain-sawed em out and hauled em to the Burleson compost. I went up with the boss to Lowes to look at flowers (kept my man card) and came back and assisted. And- went back to the compost place an got a load of mulch. So, that should be a weekend or two in addition to Hagerman.

What say you?

Sorry Les about the deer. Where did you hit him, found arrow, etc?

Comment

Razor, sounds to me more like ya got a kitchen pass, for a lot of work . But I'm sure it is worth it .

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                          Yes I gave it up after about 4 hours
                          I lost one last week too. It's heart wrenching. I just got back from one last recovery effort. 3 days total looking for it. I did however find the doe I lost last year.........
                          Or at least I think it's her. I kept the skull.
                          Attached Files

Comment

BBC

I won't be around for a few days. I'm hunting at the lease so if anyone kills anything and needs it weighed or scored contact jgirsh. He will take care of you.

Comment

Well got the ol man up a tree. Not the one I wanted, but it will have to work for tonight.

Comment

Doug, I thought I hit him good behind the shoulder. No pass through and we never found the arrow. No blood trail either. Makes me sick but what do you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X