Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am absolutely sick tonight. Shot a monster buck this evening with a Rage from 30 yards and somehow I believe I got him around the neck. Too dark to find him. No blood from what I can find. Going back in the morning to try again. Worst feeling ever. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
      I met an 65 year old man the other day that takes a paddle boat out here at steel creek and hunts this area and does really well. I looked at the walkin area and it a real long walk.
      I know who your talk-n about, Dennis ! Met him the first year I bow hunted down there. I've had him in camp a few times too. He shoots both compounds and trad and can shoot with either hand. Sometimes he takes two bows with him. Former Vietnam vet and retired Dallas school teacher. Sleeps in his lil truck. He also sometimes hunts B-6. He had one of his boats stolen along with a pack and stand in the middle of the night at Steele creek few years ago. I posted a pic of the one he uses now in another Whitney thread that looks similar to the one he had stollen. Both boats were his Dad's boats when he was young. His dad was an avid duck hunter.
      Speaking of which, I used to camp at that park quite a bit being it was free and all. And have had numerous things come up missing from my camp, boat, and vehicle. Witnessed a murder there once, and near the same another time . I had to go call the sheriff on the 1st one. They were already in route on the 2nd one when I was there. So I don't stay there any more . And yes I know they have a gate attendant now. Deputes used to drive through there every night on the weekends when I stayed there.. But the crime was always there, somewhere anyway. Lot of it was during the day too .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
        I am absolutely sick tonight. Shot a monster buck this evening with a Rage from 30 yards and somehow I believe I got him around the neck. Too dark to find him. No blood from what I can find. Going back in the morning to try again. Worst feeling ever. Any suggestions?
        Man! That sux!
        I suggest that next time you pick up the phone and start calling folks to come help you look!

Hope you find him brother!
        "Try" and get dome sleep! You'll need it!

Comment

Tracking dog. There is a sticky in The Campfire forum. There are a few in Bosque. Most do it for free.

Comment

If I can wake up I'll be hitting the treestand to see if I can get something started in this contest

Comment

Texas Stalker, what time did you stick him? Wish I would have known. I headed back to D/FW just about 8pm. Hope you find him, I know you aren't going to sleep much tonight. Good luck man. Put up pic when you do find him.

Comment

Yes. Don't be scared to ask for help finding the deer. Most folks here would be glad to help,all you got to do is ask.

Comment

Here you go!!!!
                  She'll do. Congrats on the groceries!!!

Comment

Hey I will come help you look for it. I will be out of the woods around 10:00 if I don't get a deer. Just let me know were to met you at.

Comment

I hate to hear that. I'm color blind so I suck at spotting a blood trail....but I can hold a flashlight Ask if you ever need help I live in town...although if I stuck a monster I don't know if i'd want anybody knowing where it was Good luck finding it, I know that is the worst feeling ever.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I've recruited my dad and brother to cone help out. Headed that way now. Wish me luck

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I've recruited my dad and brother to cone help out. Headed that way now. Wish me luck
                          Good luck bud, hope ya find him.

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Good luck finding your buck TS!

Les

Comment

Here you go!!!!

Congrats

Good luck

Comment

Dang! Hope you get your horns TS!!
                                Gonna be out there next week. Good luck to all...

Comment

Working...
                                X