No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You boys are gonna drive yourselves crazy trying to kill a deer with technology. Just go out there and sit real quite and one will eventually stumble over you. They still think like they did before there ever was an iphone. Have fun and relax. :-)'

Comment

So i am trying to up my game and have been doing the scent free wash and washing my stuff in baking soda and air drying, was wondering how may of you wait to get to the hunting grounds to change into your gear? I would rather get dressed at home but kinda worry about my truck smells, armor all, hamburgers and farts and stuff.

what yall think

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Go to "user CP" under "user tools" (toward the top of this page) and click. Look at list on left and click "Edit Avatar". Follow instructions on page. Make sure your avatar is 160x160 or very near that.

And welcome to TBH ! You make the 34th person from Burleson that is a member of TBH ! We are strong!

Thanks for the help TG. its a hike to Aquilla from Burleson but better than driving 2-3 hours to a deer lease that i cant afford.

Comment

Originally posted by cpadgett View Post
          So i am trying to up my game and have been doing the scent free wash and washing my stuff in baking soda and air drying, was wondering how may of you wait to get to the hunting grounds to change into your gear? I would rather get dressed at home but kinda worry about my truck smells, armor all, hamburgers and farts and stuff.

what yall think
          I just dress at home and spray DDW field spray when I get out of the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
            I just dress at home and spray DDW field spray when I get out of the truck.
            This is what I do. Use doe urine in the stand around you also. You heard this before, just play the wind

Comment

Lil entertainment for yall. I finally got out of the house this afternoon. Really didn't feel like getting my hands bloody. So I just took the video cam this time. Went and talked with a few folk. Then headed to some place else for the evening . They were moving and feeding pretty good this evening.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-13-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Couple more of a group shot. Everybody smile

These two kiddos were but-n heads when I first spotted them

Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-13-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Drooling

Comment

I wish I new what area that was in?

Comment

"Hey honey, I see something!"

"What is it DEER?" ()

"I'm not sure!. But it's gone now!"

Just cruising through.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-13-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Is he legal?
                        [ATTACH]294326[/ATTACH]

Is he legal?
                        [ATTACH]294327[/ATTACH]

Not!
                        [ATTACH]294328[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-13-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

One day, I will get some really good glass. I spied these two with my bi-noes. This video cam takes pics but the clarity is lacking in the stills as you can tell. I also tried to get these two while perched up in the tree near the right top. If you look really close, you can see one of them. The other is directly below on another branch. I see them regularly on the lake. I had nothing to rest the cam on while trying to get the pics. If I had something, I might could have zoomed it a bit closer. This is the best of the bunch. Pair of bald eagles.

The pic was about 1/2 mile away.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-22-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

TG your just wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
                              TG your just wrong!
                              No kidding! I am going to start following your truck out of your driveway lol

Billy

Comment

That one buck looks to be a shooter. Good to see that there is a chance they are on the move again.

Comment

Working...
                                X