No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see someone getting deer. Good looking doe Basscast.

Comment

I finnaly got my permit
      Tag # 1886

Comment

Well, the deer were moving like crazy tonight. The kinda hunting you always hope for. Only problem for me was no mature bucks showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
          [ATTACH]287081[/ATTACH]

Watched him last year,and he was good..
          Watched him again this year for a couple of days,he was gooder..

I believe he will be a target next year,that will be plenty of time for him to spread his seed..

Yes,this is a corps land deer..
          Hope he doesn't walk out in front of my wife this weekend; he'll be good as dead. I'm actually hoping he makes it, and you get him next year.

Comment

Anybody hunting this morning?

Comment

I have a question. For Hill county the TPWD website reads that you can take 5 deer. No more than 2 bucks. However with the AR, basically it means a legal buck and a spike. Now, since it says 5 deer with no more than 2 bucks, can you kill 4 doe and one legal buck? I'm down to two buck tags so just wondering in case I don't see a shooter spike I may wanna shoot a big doe.

Comment

I am pretty sure you can, the tags say buck or anterless.

Comment

So I guess you can take 5 doe if ya wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                    So I guess you can take 5 doe if ya wanted.
                    That is correct. I sent TP&W this same question back in Aug. for clarification. 4 does & 1 legal buck (spike or +13") is fine too.

It also states if you are in a AR county with a limit of two bucks, only one may be 13" or greater. Although I was certain of this last year, there are a few out there that were not. So it was reworded for better clarification this year.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-23-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Well I guess my best bet is to try and take a big buck and spike. It if I don't get the chance I can take 2 doe to take their place. Weird. I'm buck hunting though. Still need my first one.

Comment

I am still working on actually seeing deer when I go out. Other than the ones I jump coming and going.

Comment

Only reason I see deer so much is because work is slow and I'm out here so much.

Comment

I'm having a hard time finding a spot to setup my pop up, so that I am not breaking any rules on the brushing in part. When I do find a good spot to set it up, I am either lacking sign of deer, or 72 hours comes and goes pretty fast. And then I am back to square 1 on finding a new spot.

Comment

This afternoon would be perfect. I was shooting the bow in the backyard earlier, slight breeze from the south- not enough to cause a sound. This evening, less breeze, shifting-may cause some problems. Still, warm enough low wind, I'd be sleeping in the climber. Good luck to all, and have a nice Thanksgiving!

Comment

I will be out at my spot in the morning. Good luck to everyone that's out there tonight.
                                Last edited by arrowdiger; 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X