Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
    It's been pretty slow in the woods for some reason. I'm guessing the moon or maybe we need a good freeze to wake em up. I'm gonna try and hit it a couple of times before Christmas. I'll let y'all know.
    I second that. The deer are acting funny, and moving mostly at night. The ones I saw during daylight were on pins and needles. All the pressure doesn't help.

Comment

It's crazy how quick a bow only place can get shot-up. My guess is they'll be moving more in March.

Comment

I seen about 50 deer this morning standing along the road by where I hunt. This was at 4am. I walked around my spot a little after I was done hunting and did not see alot of tracks like I was. I think that they are being pushed into deeper cover, so the next time I go out I will be going to the thickest stuff that I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
          I seen about 50 deer this morning standing along the road by where I hunt.
          Try set-n up by the road .

And Massey, I always see-em moving in March .

Should be a good morning for someone . Best to all still at it .

Comment

According to my little lunar table thingy today should be a good day. The other day this thing was at 100 percent and we killed 3 deer between the two of us. One being my buck. Hopefully one of y'all hunting today will get lucky.
            Attached Files

Comment

TS that's for Christmas day man lol.

Comment

Here is today but there is still a good chance.
                Attached Files

Comment

What app is that, I like that. Good luck to all out in the woods. Not sure if I'll get out again before season ends.

TO, has anybody killed anything for the contest?

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please be safe weather in the wood or driving to grandmas house this holiday season.

Sent from the woods, unless I'm not in the woods - wishing I was in the woods. Using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
                    TS that's for Christmas day man lol.
                    Haha. That's funny right there. I was wondering why the moon was at 7%.

Comment

Just got settled in hoping for some good deer movement this evening ahead of the fronts tomorrow. Anybody else out this evening? Good luck if so.

Comment

Hey guys. What app is that. Id like to check it out.

Comment

Contest is still dry. Nothing turned in yet.

Comment

It's called the hunting calendar. It's pretty neat I like it and it's pretty accurate.

Comment

Thanks I'm going to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Depends on the type of boat launch. Some have a pretty rough surface for traction. Some not so much. And some are dirt (and will turn to mud ). The pitch or grade of the launch will make a difference too. And of course, the air temp.

If it is super windy and well below freezing, I wouldn't go out unless your in a really really big boat. And that could still be dangerous.

So just be aware and take proper precautions.
                                thanks didnt even think of the boat collecting ice,

Comment

Working...
                                X