No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No work tomorrow so I think I'll just have to go sit in a tree all day looking for Rudolph. I'm hoping they'll be moving like crazy.

Comment

gook luck to all

Comment

I'll be out in the morning. Gonna sit till lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by the legend View Post
          ........... when it is below freezeing would it be a bad idea to launch a boat. thinking the water from the trailer would freeze up, and when u back in you wouldnt be able to stop. might sound self explainitory but living south we dont see ice.
          thanks
          Depends on the type of boat launch. Some have a pretty rough surface for traction. Some not so much. And some are dirt (and will turn to mud ). The pitch or grade of the launch will make a difference too. And of course, the air temp.

If it is super windy and well below freezing, I wouldn't go out unless your in a really really big boat. And that could still be dangerous.

I know three fellers and two of them lost their lives one morning while going out duck-n. I was out that morning too and not more than 1/2 from where it happened. Their boat hull iced up and then filled with water. The one that survived had swam to an island and walked up and down the beach all night to stay warm. They found him the next day. All three were due at a wedding that evening. The first to pass was the FNL, a doctor who couldn't swim. And he knew he was in trouble so he tied himself to the boat so they could find his body. The second one to pass from hypothermia was the groom who had almost made it to shore and was standing in waist deep water when he lost consciousness. The one who survived was the best man. And that is not a joke.

So just be aware and take proper precautions.

Comment

Good luck to you all. This mornin should be great.

Comment

Nothing so far this morning. I think they are on strike today.

Comment

I saw six doe, but they did not come close enough

Comment

Who drives an extended cab blue Chevy looks like a 2005 model?

Comment

Here we go again. Hoping for some deer this evening.

Comment

I guess today was a bust for every one? I got sick and couldn't go out.

Comment

Nothing showed up all day!! Pretty rare to get skunked all day. I'm not sure what's up.

Comment

They are getting shot out for the year .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            They are getting shot out for the year .

X-100...
                            way too much pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by texas grown View Post
                              i hunt with a dog. Used her this morning out there .

Lets play a game: Name that bird!

[ATTACH]292059[/ATTACH]

one is missing a head :d

i was done by 8:10. And should have been done before 7:30. But missed my 1st 7 shots. So i slowed down and made the next 11 shots count for 7 birds. And i passed on a ton of teal. And missed seeing several big birds that snuck in on me.
                              dead!!!!

Comment

Well I'm back out here agin!! Seen lots of deer on the side of the roads on my way to my spot. Just mist an up and comer 8 point that desided to run out in front of me. Good luck to every one that's out this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X