No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hunt. I just hike around playing frisbee with the mass quantities of cow discs. Oh and welcome to the gs.

Comment

Hello Chief and welcome. I would be wrong if I told anyone that there aren't any good deer out there.

I'm concerned that the number of new hunters on coe land may be much higher than us regulars are used to. But, I don't have a problem with it as long as the rules are followed. It is public land after all. You won't see me hunting on any weekends that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Yote View Post
        Hey guys and gals I'm new to Texas bow hunter and I have a ?about whitney and aquilla lake passes to hunt on them. Can I fill that stuff out online and is it free?
        It is free but you have to fill it out in person

Comment

So a bunch of people hunt out there?

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
            Wonder why they couldnt of added it to the online form?????

Welcome new guys..
            We are talking about Whitney people and computers. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Yote View Post
              So a bunch of people hunt out there?
              Quite a few I think. They issue about 2500 permits (weith the exception of last year) but a large majority is duck hunters and guys that only go opening weekend.

Comment

i think there probly gonna issue closer to 3000 to 3500 this year. i bet its gonna be packed.

Comment

There will be a lot of areas packed with the lake level we currently have. Some areas no one, cause you can't get to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                    Quite a few I think. They issue about 2500 permits (weith the exception of last year) but a large majority is duck hunters and guys that only go opening weekend.

Or never go at all. Alot of them get a permit in case they decide to go.

Comment

I got a new bow not to long ago and I'm dying to go hunting with but Idk where to go and I don't want to wait till bow season opens

Comment

Chief Yote, if you don't mind traveling on the rougher roads, I would suggest hunting on the less accessable places. That's what I do, but sometimes driving on those roads is bone jarring and tooth rattling. I had two sensors go out in my truck in one day of driving on them. First the speed sensor (controls the speedometer) on the tranny went out while on my way in and the other sensor on the differential went out on way out. Not sure if the rough roads were to blame, but they sure didn't help.

Those rough roads are definitely what contributed to a steering gear box needing to be replaced prematurely.

But, hunting in those areas that aren't hunted as much has enabled me to have some chances at getting some very nice deer. Just wish I could leave my portable tree stand up, but I have always complied with all rules and take the stand down at the end of each day. That's just how I am about obeying rules. Probably also explains why I have never had a speeding ticket or any other motor vehicle violation.

Comment

Oh yeah I'm used to those kind of roads. I usually just hold on and drive them. I'm going to have to give those spot a try

Comment

made it to the coe office at 4:29 today with a couple of buddies should of seen the look on the ladies face at the front desk it was priceless she had to work until 4:37 i hope she can forgive us!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                              Anybody planning on attending the Waco shoot?
                              i plan on going igot third in the youth on the pvbc shoot

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser45 View Post
                                i plan on going igot third in the youth on the pvbc shoot
                                Sweet!
                                This shoot will be a little more challenging but youths get closer stakes to shoot from so you'll be fine.
                                Still better bring your A game if you plan on shooting at the far stakes with BowMania. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X