X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
    Sorry to hear about the buck ad.
    Thanks Big Iron,

It's ok and it's part of hunting. It's not the first deer that I could not find just the third. Plus it would of been my first buck with a bow and my bigest buck ever. I would say that he was around 120" to 130".

Comment

Well try and get back out there tomorrow. Coyotes will get it tonight then buzzards tomorrow. That's how I found mine.....minus the antlers someone decided they needed worse than me. Good luck. I sure hope you find it.

Comment

good luck hope you find him

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
          Well try and get back out there tomorrow. Coyotes will get it tonight then buzzards tomorrow. That's how I found mine.....minus the antlers someone decided they needed worse than me. Good luck. I sure hope you find it.
          I will be going out there tomorrow to see if I can get a doe plus I will be looking for the buzzards.

Comment

It was good to meet you today AD. Their pretty tough critters, a lot tougher than most folk realize. The more I think about the events, the meat on the arrow, the way the blood started out good then almost completely stopped except for dark pin drop spots, and the path he chose up and down those ridges, I'm more convinced it was a back strap shot. If he was vital, then those ridges should have kept him bleeding out and he would have avoided them more so. Should have been down on one. I bet that buck will be fine. Maybe a little cautious and sore though . Go back up that trail and throw out some hand corn and see if you can get another pic of him in a week or two. He'll be looking for an easy meal.

Comment

TO, were you working the auto accident near Blum tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                TO, were you working the auto accident near Blum tonight?
                TO- did ya also make it out to the walnut springs fire's this morning?

Comment

I didn't make it to either. I'll be out in the woods in the morning! Can't wait.

Comment

Sorry to hear AD, get back on that horse though. Sometimes its just not in the cards, but youll see him again, or something better. Id have to agree with TG, ask him about the buck that was shot and while cleaning they found 5 different broadheads in him that had healed over. Youd be suprised at what these bucks can push through, I know I was. Ill be out tomorrow midday to evening, good luck to all!

Comment

I'm out here agin looking for a big doe or a big spike. I will be going to look for buzzards flying around this morning about 10:00. If I don't see any buzzards then the buck hunt is back on. Boy I hope I don't have a big one walk out on me this morning.

Comment

Hey Stryker311 do you guys have any replacement blades for the four blade muzzys 100 grain.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                          Well fellas it seems like ive missed quite a bit since the last time ive been on here. Congrats to those of yall that have drawn blood. Hell congrats to those who have had the chance to sit in the stand. I plan on tryin a little harder to make time for the deer.
                          Yeah, me too...Football is over except for one more tournament so i should be able to get out and do some hunting.

Comment

Sittin in my pop up this morning. It's pretty cold so I'm hoping the deer movement is good. I'm down near the lake and it sounds like the duck hunters are having some luck. Maybe it will come this way and I can draw blood.

Comment

Good luck TO

Comment

Good luck TO

Comment

Working...
                                X