Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be in the field first 2 weeks of bow season FML

Comment

Right there with you. Fist cert then gunnery. So we can take a doe out here right? One antlerless is what it says.

Comment

We will not know what the quotas will be for any areas until the thursday or friday before opening day. If things go the way they have been you will only be able to take does in the north fort hood areas. I am definately ready for opener! Hope everyone is getting their sets put up and preparing before the week before opener, cant stand when someone comes and sets up right on top of me days before season starts.

Comment

Anybody else getting pics of bucks out of velvet? I have this one and one other buck in a different area that have been out for a week now. This guy was fully velvet on the 18th and didnt show up on the 19th came back on the 20th with no velvet what so ever...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewChris View Post
            Anybody else getting pics of bucks out of velvet? I have this one and one other buck in a different area that have been out for a week now. This guy was fully velvet on the 18th and didnt show up on the 19th came back on the 20th with no velvet what so ever...
            Saw 3 out of velvet this morning in salado

Comment

I am heading to Hood on Monday to put up a few sets. I have hunted Hood for turkey and a guided hunt years ago. I already know the area I want to put my sets, any tips on do's and dont's for Hood? I have all the new numbers and maps and the areas I want are allowed to have feeders and stands. I believe I understand how to label my feeders. I am going to put up to feeder sets and fix a couple of spots to put pop ups (when hunting) Putting out cameras as well.

Comment

Got 1 out of velvet

Comment

Who all will be out monday doing a little dove hunting on Hood?

Comment

Starting to get a lot of bucks out of velvet now, was just hard to believe that I had the one completely hard horned on august 20 but this just means we are getting closer and closer the opening day!!! I am ready to get out there and get a big one down, just hope this heat subsides a little bit.

Comment

I just hope they don't go completely nocturnal

Comment

Originally posted by SapperTitan View Post
                        I just hope they don't go completely nocturnal
                        With all the scouting alot of the mature bucks will go nocturnal till the rut

Comment

So true Matt.. that's why I try and do all my stuff months before season starts but a lot of people have been trampling in the vicinity of my spots lately so I guess it was all for nothing. Still a lot of big deer coming in just right after sun down and right before sun up. I am very excited for opener only 28 days!!!!

Comment

Is area 105, formerly 115, closed? I checked the online area access update and that area isn't listed. Wanted to go check cameras/throw feed but bring my bow for any rabbits or hogs. Sportsmens didn't answer

Comment

Nevermind. 3rd times the charm. 105 is always open too if anyone is wondering.

Comment

Area access is down until after tomorrow. If you are asking about the old 115 which is now 25 it should be open for the weekend, I would get the area access sheet from the sportsman's center. If you are talking about area 105 it is still the same area south of belton lake next to blora, it should always be open.

Comment

Working...
                                X