Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PROUDTEXAN View Post
    I just set up a new feeder in 71 Friday, close to the east side border. Hope I didn't set up on top of you. Didn't see any stands/feeders close by. If so let me know I'll move my set. Seems there's a lot of traffic out there. Saw several sets while scouting.
    No not at all this is in the old 200 part. Yep that time of year sets popping up all over the place. But thats part of hunting the fort hood

Comment

Went out for the 2nd night to hunt pigs on hood we lucked out on thursday and took a nice 150lb boar didnt have any come in tonight but herd them after it was to dark. Going to check cams in the morning and see if anyone has moved in on me. Hoping all my stuff is still out there!

Comment

The old 71 or new 71?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          The old 71 or new 71?
          New

Comment

I figured that. Just checking. I drive through hood on my way to work everyday. Behind the airport. They're building road right down the middle of the old 71. I feel bad for those guys in that area. I haven't renewed my pass yet. Being lazy! So I haven't figured out the new areas yet.

Comment

Been scouting for months rarely ever see anyone where I hunt. Went out yesterday and seen 5-6 trucks and lots of tracks. Wouldn't be surprised to see a stand over my feeder before long.

Comment

These next few weeks hunter activity is going to be crazy it has picked up alot since dove opened. this is the time that the guys who have been putting this off all summer or just dont take the time to scout new areas to come in find some sign, which is near or at someone elses set ups and they just set up right around you.

Comment

I have tried feeding all year on hood and that is what happens people find the sign and set up all over you.one year I had 3 sets within 100 yds of my feeder just not worth it.

Comment

I have a few sets in new 70 due to the number of guys I've seen in 71. From what I can tell 70 isn't as crowded but I don't for sure know if there are as many quality bucks there either. Good luck to everyone this season!

Comment

Originally posted by DathanGarfield View Post
                      I have a few sets in new 70 due to the number of guys I've seen in 71. From what I can tell 70 isn't as crowded but I don't for sure know if there are as many quality bucks there either. Good luck to everyone this season!
                      Yes there are some quality bucks in there. The bad thing is most will shoot the first legal buck that comes in. There are a few of us that are looking to that buck that stands out from the rest. Myself im looking for atleast 4 1/2 or older and pope and youg at a min. Most that post here i would be willing to bet they are looking for the same thing.

Comment

Hit list

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpeg jpg m4v mov mp3 mpeg mpg pdf png psd txt wma wmv xls xml zipCurrent Attachments (35.1 KB)
                        image.jpg (35.1 KB)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 1poorboy; 09-17-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

My best bucks haven't shown up yet this season but these will do

Comment

There are some really good mature bucks in both of those areas. There are some great bucks in most of the areas on west hood, and in a majority of the areas on fort hood. The problem is finding them and patterning them. As matt stated alot of hunters are really worried about taking a mature deer but just looking for the 1st legal deer that comes in. I am in the same boat as him in the fact that i will only be targeting 4.5yrs and older. Going to be hard to find a good spot this late in the game but it is not impossible. Look for spots that are between bedding and feeding areas make sure to check the for other set ups within at least 100 yds from where you want to place yours

Comment

Nice looking deer! hard to tell from that pic but he looks like an older deer.. Hope he comes out while your on stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X