Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck today

Comment

Just got back from Saturday school at Lampasas High School, spent the morning watching about 40-50 deer feed in three fields and some bucks chasing doe's was a very interesting morning to say the least, but I can say for sure that the rut is about to go full swing if there were any questions out here in Lampasas, time for some DOE pee I think.

Gonna make some halibut chowder today for the race tomorrow.

Anyone see that crap last night that Kyle Busch pulled. I know James won't like it, he is suspended for the rest of the weekend for deliberatley putting a guy in the truck race straight into the wall I think he should be suspended for the season or pulled from the cup points he is a cry baby but a fast cry baby.

Comment

Didn't see it. Of course I haven't had in interest in Nascar since the early 70's.

Changed my mind last night about 1630 and checked in thinking I'd go out this morning a kill something. Got up about 0400 walked outside to check the weather. Figured it was too cold to go out, sit in the brush, and hope a deer that I wasn't all that excited about shooting anyway walked by. Went back in, got back in bed and snuggled up to the live in Chinese chef. Stayed there until almost 0900. Life is good.

Went to HEB and grabbed the last 4 six packs of Lone Star, so that should take care of Saturday night. Think I'll pop the top on one of them, put some music on, and do a little whittlin. Maybe I can cut myself. I'm getting good at that.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
          Just got back from Saturday school at Lampasas High School, spent the morning watching about 40-50 deer feed in three fields and some bucks chasing doe's was a very interesting morning to say the least, but I can say for sure that the rut is about to go full swing if there were any questions out here in Lampasas, time for some DOE pee I think.

Gonna make some halibut chowder today for the race tomorrow.

Anyone see that crap last night that Kyle Busch pulled. I know James won't like it, he is suspended for the rest of the weekend for deliberatley putting a guy in the truck race straight into the wall I think he should be suspended for the season or pulled from the cup points he is a cry baby but a fast cry baby.
          Lol Kevin...nope...I LOVE it:-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished with my duties for the day, so must be beer o'clock ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH4jpC5kYPg&feature=related"]Charley Pride-Lovesick Blues - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjXev8iMLZo&feature=related"]Charley Pride "Is Anybody Goin' To San Antonio" 1980 Rotter - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Kevin,

Hope your enjoying your Halibut chowder. It's hamhocks and beans for me today. What with Nascar and football the live in Chinese chef ain't doin much chefin. Don't know how the race is going, but suspect Tony Stewart is doing well given all the hollerin and yellin coming from the servant's quarters.

Me I'm just sittin here with some blue grass on the Bose, having a brew and doin a little whittlin. Haven't done much whittlin in a long time so I'm probably workin up a blister or two. Ain't cut myself yet though. I guess that's a good thing.

Comment

Tony is gonna win EdO sure hope you still got all your fingers, I did figure something out, I needed to soak my stone in some oil, after knife sharpening 101 EdO style I got a happy edge on dad's knife...

Chowder turned out great, my kids are tearing it up, one thing us New Englanders can do if raised right is make a mean chowder, I can can some up for ya if ya like and freeze it, much better if fresh though. I was gonna head out tonight but need to rest the place for a day or so. It was the OK corral out here today.

Freezer crapped out on me today so tomorrow got to get a new on, I had it for 20 years so due time for a new one after 5 moves. Meat is in another freezer good to have a few of themj.

I am looking for an old coke machine that still works anyone know where I can get one??

Comment

Glad it worked out. That's a fine knife and should serve you well. Some folks may say it's too small or too light, but they ain't got a clue. It's more than enough for anything on N. America, including bear and moose.

On the stone; depending, it may come apart in the oil. Rarely happens, but something to be aware of. If it does, give a holler, you can have one of mine, I've got a few spares.

If you want that piece of leather to work a little quicker, you can put some abrasive on it. Valve grinding compound, jewelers rouge, buffing compound, tooth paste, etc. It all works. Just a little, doesn't take much.

Finished whittling the hobo, and had a good start on his dog until he started turning red. One of the hazards. Happens a lot. Just something to get used to.

Comment

Ok can someone help me set up a stand I will let them have the feeder and stand at the end?

Comment

looking for this to be my unbranched buck

Comment

Nice...go get him

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post

Comment

That will make a nice one. Pretty unique!

Surprised he ain't dead yet! You're a patient man.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                            That will make a nice one. Pretty unique!

Surprised he ain't dead yet! You're a patient man.
                            Have to be there when he shows been in the mornings on the other stand and i have had to work this past weekend mornings

Comment

Holy "CROWBAR" BATMAN............that would be an aweome buck to take. Never seen a buck with that long of a spike.......that thing has to be 16-18". And he looks like he is about 4.5-5.5.........Go get him Matt.
                              Last edited by TXArrowSlinger; 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Have to be there when he shows been in the mornings on the other stand and i have had to work this past weekend mornings
                                Ah, the old four letter word that starts with W strikes again. That reeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X