No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to all the youngin's that venture out into the wilderness this morning. May you see an awesome deer and make an excellent shot, but most of all just remember, it's all about the "WILD".

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
      Don't know if it matters but I just about got run over 30 mind ago by 2 doe and a 8 pt fast on their hoofs and for kicks I put out some doein estrous so I can see if things are kicking off.
      Hope your OK Kevin..........it sucks when you get run over by deer Next time try puttin out the estrous on scent wicks and dont spray it on like cologne........LMAO

Comment

How did the youngsters do this morning?

Comment

Hope the young uns did well! Get them interested and MAYBE keep them that away.

It was a might bit chilly this a.m. Funny thing about this TX weather, it always feels about 20 degrees colder than it is. And sometimes worse than that. At times 20 degrees here feels like 40 below did up home.

We're living high on the hog tonight. Well, a little bit high and a little bit low. Got a crock pot going with pigs feet and collards; fixin to put some pork sausage and shrimp on the grill. Gotta order up some more sausage casings, used the last of them.

Comment

My view this evening:-)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jbitt4x4; 10-29-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes sir, winters coming. Just checked up home and doesn't look like they have snow yet. One thing for certain, it's coming. I'll stay in TX, thank you.

Today’s and tonight’s International Falls, MN weather forecast, weather conditions and Doppler radar from The Weather Channel and Weather.com

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                  My view this evening:-)

Snows like this I miss......................snows that incompasitate you for days to weeks............you can have that. Think I will stay in the South!!!

Beautiful evening to be hunting though.........definately would not have a hard time tracking a crimson trail in that white powder.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                    Hope the young uns did well! Get them interested and MAYBE keep them that away.

It was a might bit chilly this a.m. Funny thing about this TX weather, it always feels about 20 degrees colder than it is. And sometimes worse than that. At times 20 degrees here feels like 40 below did up home.

We're living high on the hog tonight. Well, a little bit high and a little bit low. Got a crock pot going with pigs feet and collards; fixin to put some pork sausage and shrimp on the grill. Gotta order up some more sausage casings, used the last of them.
                    Hey Ed. Where do you order your seasonings and casing for your sausage? I normally just make ground pork, mix my seasonings, package in 1 lb packages and then makes sausage patties. I think I want to try and do some links though. ANy hints or tricks to the trade?

Comment

What is better?

To try and be as scent free as possible or use some type of cover scent? I tried the doe pee Buck Bomb but nothing. I know there are deer where I'm hunting but I'm not seeing anything when I hunt and it is discouraging. I know different things work for different people in different areas, but what is the majority on this issue? I pulled my only back-up stand I had because the area was always closed and wouldn't you know it, they opened that area yesterday. It's all good as long as I get to sit in a stand and enjoy the peace for a couple hours now and then. And a good friend is going to show me another spot so I'm going to keep trying.

Comment

Keep your chin up Lance all will come together soon. I got up early yesterday and at the crack of dawn Lampasas turned into the OK corral YOUTH season is here, hope lots of kids put some deer down yesterday. I froze my butt off in stand had to get out and 5 min later here they come BUSTED they will be back for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                          Hey Ed. Where do you order your seasonings and casing for your sausage? I normally just make ground pork, mix my seasonings, package in 1 lb packages and then makes sausage patties. I think I want to try and do some links though. ANy hints or tricks to the trade?
                          Cabela's .... We make our own seasoning because we like it extra hot. Nothing fancy, just salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt, and habenero peppers chopped up real fine. I think Cabela's has the seasoning also. You can make your own casings also out of the pig intestines, but that's more old school that I care to get at this point in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                            To try and be as scent free as possible or use some type of cover scent? I tried the doe pee Buck Bomb but nothing. I know there are deer where I'm hunting but I'm not seeing anything when I hunt and it is discouraging. I know different things work for different people in different areas, but what is the majority on this issue? I pulled my only back-up stand I had because the area was always closed and wouldn't you know it, they opened that area yesterday. It's all good as long as I get to sit in a stand and enjoy the peace for a couple hours now and then. And a good friend is going to show me another spot so I'm going to keep trying.
                            Here's what we used to do back home. Build a smudge fire and hang our hunting clothes in the smoke. Some guys would take a gunny sack and put some fresh cedar boughs in it along with their hunting clothes. What I do now is nothing, except set my stands up to be good in either a North wind or a South wind, being as how the prevailing wind is usually some flavor of N or S. Which stand I use depends on the wind. I really think the smoke thing is the best, but I'm too lazy. I don't really hunt that much now though, at least not on Hood. Gonna be making my annual trek to OK and AL here soon.

Comment

Rumor has it Lance has a deer hit he is looking now.

Comment

Lance needs some help tracking a deer can anyone help he is off shell mtn rd on Hood in 53.

Comment

Working...
                                X