No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info I will post a report if i go. Daughter just called and might come in from college for the weekend so I might have to put it off. Figures I get 4 days to my self an old army buddy says he would love it if I crashed at his place while I hunt and I got some solid intel on where to go and boom Daddy duty. Well I don't get to see my princess much so I imagine I will get over it quick enough.

Comment

Shot the big 8pt this morning will post pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
        Congrats! Can't wait for the pics!!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Way to go Matt

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

2011 Serch for the Big 8

Went out yesterday morning climbed into the stand at 6am. Feeder went off at 7 and was soon lightening up to where i could see good. Had a couple young bucks down at feeder one 6pt and a small 8pt they the 8 was chasing the 6 off a lot. Soon as it got good and light saw 4 does running and 3 other bucks chasing them around good sign the ruts coming. Well after a while i could here 2 bucks sparing about 80 yards away then saw a couple doe coming. They never made it to the feeder as a small 10 started to run them. next i saw a spike out about 70 yards so i grunted to play with him and hit the can call and he came in on a string right under the stand and another small buck came and they started to spar. After they were done sparing they walked to the feeder and started to get some corn. I could see another deer coming and as he cleared the horse apple tree i saw it was the big 8pt he came in to the feeder looking around. He then started eating took like 5 min for him to get broadside and then i emptyed his lungs RAGE in the cage

Comment

Great 8 point, I would love to take something even comparable to that.

Comment

Nice one Matt. How old was he?

Comment

went out yesterday morning climbed into the stand at 6am. Feeder went off at 7 and was soon lightening up to where i could see good. Had a couple young bucks down at feeder one 6pt and a small 8pt they the 8 was chasing the 6 off a lot. Soon as it got good and light saw 4 does running and 3 other bucks chasing them around good sign the ruts coming. Well after a while i could here 2 bucks sparing about 80 yards away then saw a couple doe coming. They never made it to the feeder as a small 10 started to run them. Next i saw a spike out about 70 yards so i grunted to play with him and hit the can call and he came in on a string right under the stand and another small buck came and they started to spar. After they were done sparing they walked to the feeder and started to get some corn. I could see another deer coming and as he cleared the horse apple tree i saw it was the big 8pt he came in to the feeder looking around. He then started eating took like 5 min for him to get broadside and then i emptyed his lungs:d rage in the cage
                      good job

Comment

Feeder

EdO

Thanks for the idea! I'll be building a couple feeders tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully set them out Saturday. My kids are gonna help. Great advice right there. Also, gonna cost me nothing. I've got some old down spout approx 4"x6" that'll work and then put a top and bottom on it.

Comment

Went out yesterday morning climbed into the stand at 6am. Feeder went off at 7 and was soon lightening up to where i could see good. Had a couple young bucks down at feeder one 6pt and a small 8pt they the 8 was chasing the 6 off a lot. Soon as it got good and light saw 4 does running and 3 other bucks chasing them around good sign the ruts coming. Well after a while i could here 2 bucks sparing about 80 yards away then saw a couple doe coming. They never made it to the feeder as a small 10 started to run them. next i saw a spike out about 70 yards so i grunted to play with him and hit the can call and he came in on a string right under the stand and another small buck came and they started to spar. After they were done sparing they walked to the feeder and started to get some corn. I could see another deer coming and as he cleared the horse apple tree i saw it was the big 8pt he came in to the feeder looking around. He then started eating took like 5 min for him to get broadside and then i emptyed his lungs RAGE in the cage
                          Congrats brother...looks even bigger seeing it on the GS than what you teaxt me. Looks like another trip to the Taxi...now ya gotta get Jake squared away

Comment

murderer

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                              nice one matt. How old was he?
                              4 1/2

Comment

What is the secret for finding these honey holes?

Comment

Working...
                                X