Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
    Lance looks like the kids had a blast for sure, will give you and Matt a call later today about a few things. All see ya in a few weeks, I can't wait.
    Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
    Hey lance nice looking bunch there , it won't be long you are going to have start buying more equipment for the up and coming hunters
    Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
    That be the TRUTH
    Originally posted by griffbowhunter View Post
    nice pic of the Kids.
    Thanks everyone! I hope they stay excited about hunting.

Comment

GOOOOD MORNING alllll another day gone and another closer to the high hide.Get those arrows flying and may all of your arrows fly straight

Comment

They will Matt as soon as I get back and into form for sure, to all that are two weeks out, good luck and fly true. See ya in a month and a half.

Comment

So my Day labor/Helper Blue Eagle did not get to hunt last year due to a shoulder injury . He had helped me set up a couple of spots last year and one spot this year. He has helped me through 100 + degree days and almost heat stroke last year and tremendous pain in his shoulder. I talked him into taking one spot he had helped me set up last year for this years bow season. He has been worried all year that it was not a good spot but agreed to go ahead and put his Tripod there anyway and hunt it. To calm him down I put one of my spare game cameras there several weeks ago and pulled the card last week to see what was coming in. I want this spot back now but being the good friend I am I will let him hunt it I count at least 8 different bucks coming in , 1 pig , a bunch of does and raccoons. We were going through the pics the other day at work on our "Break Time" of course and one deer that I thought was a Doe at first , when I zoomed in on it was a Huge buck. The left antler is at least 4" outside the spread of the ears and has great mass. You are welcome Dave , hope you have a great season my friend. Thank you for all of your help . It will be the deer to the left in the first and last pic in this set and you have to zoom in to really see it. Robert

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dave_buck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24015075

Name:	Dave_bucks1.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24015076

Name:	Dave_bucks2.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	24015077

Oh yeah can you see the raccon sprawled under the tree in this pic ?

Name:	dave_bucks3.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	24015078

Comment

Thanks Robert , I don't know if I have ever told you BUT YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!
            And I will not leave my Tripod either ,I will be holding out for that Big One. I realy hope that he comes buy so that I can give him one of my Rage Broadheads

Comment

nice pit pig ...... where do you get on the list.

Comment

What list are you talking about?

If you are talking about the list from the hog catchers that list is over at natural resources. They will call you when they trap some and you have a 2-3 hour window before they put a bullet in it's head.

Comment

John,
                  Did you contact the hog trapper to put a trap up there on the hill by my stand ? Those hogs are still working at my fence.

Comment

Can't get a hold of him. Been trying for a week. His phone is not taking messages and I don't seem to run into him.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                      Can't get a hold of him. Been trying for a week. His phone is not taking messages and I don't seem to run into him.

Not a problem, I might get up there and take care of him myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                        I see him about every other day

Comment

So my Day labor/Helper Blue Eagle did not get to hunt last year due to a shoulder injury . He had helped me set up a couple of spots last year and one spot this year. He has helped me through 100 + degree days and almost heat stroke last year and tremendous pain in his shoulder. I talked him into taking one spot he had helped me set up last year for this years bow season. He has been worried all year that it was not a good spot but agreed to go ahead and put his Tripod there anyway and hunt it. To calm him down I put one of my spare game cameras there several weeks ago and pulled the card last week to see what was coming in. I want this spot back now but being the good friend I am I will let him hunt it I count at least 8 different bucks coming in , 1 pig , a bunch of does and raccoons. We were going through the pics the other day at work on our "Break Time" of course and one deer that I thought was a Doe at first , when I zoomed in on it was a Huge buck. The left antler is at least 4" outside the spread of the ears and has great mass. You are welcome Dave , hope you have a great season my friend. Thank you for all of your help . It will be the deer to the left in the first and last pic in this set and you have to zoom in to really see it. Robert

[ATTACH]267839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]267840[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]267841[/ATTACH]

Oh yeah can you see the raccon sprawled under the tree in this pic ?

[ATTACH]267842[/ATTACH]
                          yep this is a set i found walking into a ground blind i have up the draw to the right last year if not it looks just like it

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                            yep this is a set i found walking into a ground blind i have up the draw to the right last year if not it looks just like it
                            I thought you had a set up not far away. Amazingly enough when I first went through those pics I just glanced at them and thought doe. As I was looking at them later I zoomed in and that was not tree branches over his head , it was antlers attached. he is one hoss for sure.

Comment

very nice

Comment

I thought you had a set up not far away. Amazingly enough when I first went through those pics I just glanced at them and thought doe. As I was looking at them later I zoomed in and that was not tree branches over his head , it was antlers attached. he is one HORSE for sure.
                                I did not know we had any horse on hood and 2nd that looks like a deer to me not a horse lol

Comment

Working...
                                X