No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a few, haven't gotten any yet, but I will. if not this season, then at least I'll know the grounds like the back of my hand. :P

Comment

Fort Hood deer like teasing me. I will see them all the time checking my cam, they will walk up on me. But never give me a shot when I'm hunting. Is 106 one of the gated areas you have to go get the combo from Sportsmans?

Comment

yeah you need to check out a key to get into 106 and 107. yeah i see sign and they're on my camera lol crazy

Comment

Originally posted by greenshovel View Post
          I agree, stopped in and saw him this morning. Shop is only temporary until next year and they will be moving up the street. He's just getting started and needs are support through passing the word. He will also be able to perform all Warranty work on Mathews as he is a certified Mathews Tech, so that is a plus.

I ended up getting me a sweet *** Miliinium ground blind chair, I might end up falling asleep in my ground blind now, lol.

I also stopped into Knocked and Loaded prior to going over to his place, I didn't recognize any of the bow techs, nor did I see Sam as well. Asked for a TT Smackdown Pro and the tech had no clue what I was talking about... wanted to know if that was a sight or a rest???

Actually he is not authorized to do warranty work through Mathews, Hoyt or elite.. Only if you work for a authorized dealer. I would suggest looking at the websites for Mathews, Hoyt, and elite for dealers. There is Nocked & Loaded in lampasas and Archery Country in Austin and double G for Hoyt in Georgetown.

Comment

Originally posted by Anlchavis View Post
            Actually he is not authorized to do warranty work through Mathews, Hoyt or elite.. Only if you work for a authorized dealer. I would suggest looking at the websites for Mathews, Hoyt, and elite for dealers. There is Nocked & Loaded in lampasas and Archery Country in Austin and double G for Hoyt in Georgetown.
            Actually he is, he has been trained by Mathews and has the proper certificates to work on Mathew bows. What he can't do is order the parts needed. You can easily order the parts from Knocked and Loaded and have Aaron service your bow.

Comment

How would i go about getting access to hunt fort hood permints etc? I hunt whitney/aquilla i have heard the process is different to get on fort hood.

Comment

Originally posted by El suave View Post
                How would i go about getting access to hunt fort hood permints etc? I hunt whitney/aquilla i have heard the process is different to get on fort hood.
                Go to the Sportsman Center on post

Comment

Hog hunting on ft hood.

Does anyone still hunt hogs there? Looking for a hunting partner in sept 2016. I planning to use a crossbow out of a pop up blind but open to suggestions. I have never hunted hogs.

Comment

U.S.Army Retired or EdO would either of you guys be willing or able to help a retired sailor find a place to hunt on ft hood. I'm planning to be there in mid September. I'm interested in hog hunting with a crossbow. Thank you for considering it or any help.

Comment

If you are on Facebook I made a group called Fort Hood Hunters and their are plenty of guys willing to help

Comment

So how'd everyone do this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                          Pretty good year on Hood hunted hard end up shooting a nice Buck Last week with my bow and took a nice doe the second week of bow season not bad.. Yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                            I took a good buck on a guided hunt. Not much luck unguided. Hard to find a couple of spots where noone else is hunting. TAs are big but they only allow 4-6 hunters in each area and seems like people bunch up on top of each other. Don't understand it.

Comment

Congrats yall. I have still yet to kill anything on Hood except for a rabbit haha.

Comment

Fort Hood Hunting & Fishing Council Meeting, Sportsmen's Center
                                Deadline for suggestions is 13 January 2016. Next public council meeting scheduled for 1730 on 21 January 2016. Suggestion Form

Comment

Working...
                                X