Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
    YES---Yesterday in one of my spots, there were fresh truck tracks where someone had driven through in the past week. I was just out there last weekend and no-one had been out there. Do I know it is another hunter, no. Cattlemen drive through the areas, Soldiers training, etc. On Hood, you just never know who it is. When you think your set-up in a spot that no-one else will find I seem to get disappointed this time of year.
    I had someone set up on my rifle feeder last year on post during bow season had him on camera and everything. When I talked to the individual and mentioned that I had him on camera he laughed and thought it funny, absolutely no respect.

Comment

I took my setup on post down last week went out to fill the feeder and there were several more setups right on top of me. And when I sat in it a few weeks prior I heard feeders going off everywhere around me. Someone tried to steal my cam too

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
        I took my setup on post down last week went out to fill the feeder and there were several more setups right on top of me. And when I sat in it a few weeks prior I heard feeders going off everywhere around me. Someone tried to steal my cam too
        I’ve already had a feeder and camera stolen this year (last week), interviewed with the Bell county Sherriff, not expecting to get any of my equipment back. I hate thieves!!

Comment

In the last 4 days someone has set up a spot (terribly) very close to one of my setups that I thought was going to be awesome, I'm not giving up on it yet but there is no rhyme or reason to the tape they have marking a "trail" and I have been putting corn out since July

Comment

Anyone lucky enough to get through phone line to sign in? I finally got a ring but then it just kept ringing and ringing. Such a tease

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
              Anyone lucky enough to get through phone line to sign in? I finally got a ring but then it just kept ringing and ringing. Such a tease
              Took forever but I finally got check in if it doesn't start after the first 3 rings hang up it will just ring and ring

Comment

I think I may call it quits. I don't know how much more of this emotional terrorism I can take from teletrac lol. Got through five times. Never got connected. Just ringing. Some can be so cruel haha

Comment

I'm in for tomorrow. Teletrac was interesting, a cliff hanger for sure. If someone is in my blind, i hope they bring enough snacks for both of us..lol

Comment

Congrats to all that got checked in and best of luck to all heading out in the morning. Hope the best for all be safe and have a dang good time. And if you get some good deer post some pictures

Comment

ALL THIS^^^^^^^^ They busted a Warden out there. I know the name but Im sure you do as well. It don't make sense to pay for that kind of headache.

Is why I pulled all my stuff and found some private property that a farmer was kind enough to let me use. I do earn my spot by helping him more than I hunt. I do enjoy both though. Ya'll should try it.

Comment

Good luck everybody. Let them arrows fly true.

Comment

Good luck all. Reading the stories here and i remember when the wife was hunting 203 and she came in to hunt and a guy was in her stand..lol. She ended up shooting chicken foot that evening. Had a guy park 30 yards from the stand in old 20 and shot a doe that morning. It fell about 15 yards from his truck. Oh well it happens and its going to keep happening. May one of ya all choot a big one.

Comment

BenBen

That is one of the best ways find a nice landowner that doesn't mind deer hunters lend a helping hand and it can get you some really sweet honey holes that don't receive a lot of pressure. Im gambling hood this season and it seems to be fair so far minus the fact that my area was filled up so plan b is still in the process (i don't have one lol) I hope i get lucky and find a farmer in need of some ranch hand work to be completed. Best of luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                              Good luck all. Reading the stories here and i remember when the wife was hunting 203 and she came in to hunt and a guy was in her stand..lol. She ended up shooting chicken foot that evening. Had a guy park 30 yards from the stand in old 20 and shot a doe that morning. It fell about 15 yards from his truck. Oh well it happens and its going to keep happening. May one of ya all choot a big one.
                              Matt,
                              Where you huntin?

Comment

I didn't make it in so no season opener for me, I called 372 times before it worked, good luck and save some for us that didn't get in in time

Comment

Working...
                                X