Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klbriggs View Post
    The weather forecaster call for high winds out of the west. What's your outlook on deer movement with am rain and high winds in the pm

Thanks for reading!
    Outlook is good but that stand the area is closed but they should be on there feet tomorrow. Nice cool and i care less about how hard the wind blows. If stands in the right place you will see deer.

Comment

Shot my first Texas whitetail on post yesterday, 3.5 year old doe. Boy is she tender!!! Good luck to all of Hood hunters. I'm excited to start hunting a mature buck with the freezer stocked

Comment

Nice! Congrats.

Comment

Plan was to shoot a doe sunday but when i cheaked the does were done in 71 so hunted private land no shot but good ttime. So guess ill just wait and shoot my doe open9ng weekend of gun season have plenty of does at my box stand.

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
            Plan was to shoot a doe sunday but when i cheaked the does were done in 71 so hunted private land no shot but good ttime. So guess ill just wait and shoot my doe open9ng weekend of gun season have plenty of does at my box stand.
            As far as I know there are still a couple to be shot in 70 and 1 more in 72. I was surprised I was able to shoot one the 3rd week of season, figured they would have shot out opening weekend!

Comment

One thing I'm pretty sure of ..... you'll get your's! I still haven't been out. Probably won't until we head to AL next month.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                One thing I'm pretty sure of ..... you'll get your's! I still haven't been out. Probably won't until we head to AL next month.
                Yes sir you know me too well

Comment

Originally posted by DathanGarfield View Post
                  As far as I know there are still a couple to be shot in 70 and 1 more in 72. I was surprised I was able to shoot one the 3rd week of season, figured they would have shot out opening weekend!
                  Yes sir i cant beleive they lasted so long

Comment

I have been out the last 2 mornings I am seeing plenty of deer and the bucks have been chasing but I have not seen a big one yet.

Comment

This guy is on my hit list this weekend. Still searching for my first deer and I believe he'll be a good start! This is the best pic I have of his antlers... He shows around 0430 and feeds intermittently until 0800.
                      Last edited by Slingin'_Carbon; 10-16-2014, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1poorboy View Post
                        I have been out the last 2 mornings I am seeing plenty of deer and the bucks have been chasing but I have not seen a big one yet.
                        Still a bit early for the big boys to be chaseing i have seen a few young bucks harrassing does. Should be good youth weekend on

As for me im headed to the coast this weekend the surfs flat and going to put a few more sharks on the board. And hope to bring back some reds and trout.

Comment

Still a bit early for the big boys to be chaseing i have seen a few young bucks harrassing does. Should be good youth weekend on

As for me im headed to the coast this weekend the surfs flat and going to put a few more sharks on the board. And hope to bring back some reds and trout.
                          Good luck! I'm ready for a trip south myself!

Comment

House got hit with the cold virus this week so no hunting here! Can't wait to get out and hope to see some rut activity.

Comment

I sure do hate this dang Teletrac system! Have been calling for 30 minutes now and nothing! Won't pick up! I just want to sign in so I can waste another day in the woods because I sure ain't seeing the quality deer that I know are in the area

Comment

Does the area access page still say thursday OCT 16th for anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X