Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my friends feeder I think it 3 different bucks

Comment

Anyone got pics of bucks they or buddies killed in the past on Hood? Starting to really get the itch to hunt with the opening just around the corner. God I hope my area is open this weekend.

Comment

I leave for the field to do gunnery on the 29th. I gotta make something happen those first couple days or I got a long wait.

Comment

My unit is gonna be in the field for the next 3 weeks but some reason they are bring us back for the weekends so might get a few hunts in.

Comment

Any of you boys shooting an MGS on the 25 or 26th? Gunna be out there VCE'ing for 3rd ACR....how many tankers hunting fort hood this year?

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
              Yes there are some quality bucks in there. The bad thing is most will shoot the first legal buck that comes in. There are a few of us that are looking to that buck that stands out from the rest. Myself im looking for atleast 4 1/2 or older and pope and youg at a min. Most that post here i would be willing to bet they are looking for the same thing.
              I'm right there with you, I'm leaving hood in January and looking to take a special buck back to New York!

Comment

Originally posted by DathanGarfield View Post
                I'm right there with you, I'm leaving hood in January and looking to take a special buck back to New York!
                Probably so, but I'm willing to bet that most folks that hunt Hood just want a legal deer for the reefer. That'd be me for one, if I didn't just buy my license, contribute to the kitty, and hunt elsewhere. A wee bit of a lie there, because later in the season I might go out and sit a bit once everybody has their chance. I'll take the left overs, if any. I'm a meat hunter and am not embrrased about it. Same with fishing, if it's legal, I'll eat it. Don't matter, Crappie, Cat Fish, or Carp, they are all fine dining if done correctly.

End of rant.

Comment

MatthewChris, you and I hunt about the same area. you and I both have the same deer and hogs on our cams. Just wanted to let you know that. even last year we were about in the same area. that new buck of yours showed up on my cam as well, right as he was shedding the last bit of his velvet. if I get a chance I'll post some pics. my buck from last year still hasn't shown up though, wonder if he got hurt and taken by yotes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                    Probably so, but I'm willing to bet that most folks that hunt Hood just want a legal deer for the reefer. That'd be me for one, if I didn't just buy my license, contribute to the kitty, and hunt elsewhere. A wee bit of a lie there, because later in the season I might go out and sit a bit once everybody has their chance. I'll take the left overs, if any. I'm a meat hunter and am not embrrased about it. Same with fishing, if it's legal, I'll eat it. Don't matter, Crappie, Cat Fish, or Carp, they are all fine dining if done correctly.

End of rant.
                    Absolutely nothing wrong with putting backstraps on the table! I just have high hopes for now. Fort Hood produces some great bucks and the opportunities are there, just takes a little hard work and lots of patience.

Comment

Lots of guys wandering around looking for last minute sets this week! I hope all the guys on here who put in the real work for the season don't get stepped on by the weekend warriors! Good luck to everyone on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by DathanGarfield View Post
                        Lots of guys wandering around looking for last minute sets this week! I hope all the guys on here who put in the real work for the season don't get stepped on by the weekend warriors! Good luck to everyone on Saturday!
                        Gl to you sir. I myself and family will be on the beach this weekend trying to put greenbacks in the bank. First bow season opener i have missed. But that land based shark fishing is addictive.

Comment

Fonzo I figured I would be getting the same deer on my cams as other hunters, just means we are looking in the right areas! I have had my sets up and feeding since mid june! Have had a lot of good bucks come and go at most my spots some of these deer are regulars and should offer a shot at some point this season! I hope that our spots are not to close and we can both get to our spots without ruining anything for one another!!

Comment

I used this same spot late last year once I started really trying to get closer to that one buck I wanted. He actually walked to that area when I was out there once but then decided to turn around and graze elsewhere. It was pretty awesome to say the least. I think I may have one picture of you in my area maybe from when you were scouting or something once. It's not that big of a deal to me, if that actually was you then I think you do a dang good job of trying to be respectful of other people's sets. I think you even saw the camera, probably definitely saw the stand since it just sticks out there. Hopefully we both get something we're satisfied with. I'm actually the guy that bought your old ladder stand and tree stand from you last year on post. Good luck to you!

Comment

I really want to try doing some still/actual stalking hunts this season. I may wait until rifle season starts and go to some foreign to me areas and try my luck. Would really like to try and avoid anyone else's sets though so I don't run their deer off and mess up their hard work. I may even go back to another area I liked last year and just decided to give up on at the last minute since I was chasing only one buck in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewChris View Post
                                Fonzo I figured I would be getting the same deer on my cams as other hunters, just means we are looking in the right areas! I have had my sets up and feeding since mid june! Have had a lot of good bucks come and go at most my spots some of these deer are regulars and should offer a shot at some point this season! I hope that our spots are not to close and we can both get to our spots without ruining anything for one another!!
                                Originally posted by fonzo View Post
                                I used this same spot late last year once I started really trying to get closer to that one buck I wanted. He actually walked to that area when I was out there once but then decided to turn around and graze elsewhere. It was pretty awesome to say the least. I think I may have one picture of you in my area maybe from when you were scouting or something once. It's not that big of a deal to me, if that actually was you then I think you do a dang good job of trying to be respectful of other people's sets. I think you even saw the camera, probably definitely saw the stand since it just sticks out there. Hopefully we both get something we're satisfied with. I'm actually the guy that bought your old ladder stand and tree stand from you last year on post. Good luck to you!
                                I wish everyone that hunted Hood got along this great. You guys have a great attitude. Ya'll are blessed.

Comment

Working...
                                X