No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bucks are all grouped up right now and do to all the extra rain this year i have noticed ( in the areas I focus on at least) the bucks have been targeting the tall grass around creeks and ponds and only taking certain routes to those areas. Their habbits will change as the sun dries up the grasses if we dont get much more rain and when the buck groups break up. Also i would look for oak pockets and ridgelines this season due to the fact that we did not have much of an acorn crop last year and im already noticing oaks growing large numbers of them this year!

Comment

Thanks yall for the guidance! Im setup in oaks with a creek and a feeder lake very nearby so hopefully the bucks start hitting my set. Ill just keep chuggin away to keep the does/ hens regulars at my spot. Thanks again!

Comment

Some more good bucks coming through my spots!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hope they stick around till the season starts!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello all! Been in fort hood for 3 years now just haven't been able to hunt due to rapid deployments but glad to be here for deer season this year. If anyone would be interested in going out hog hunting/scouting to show me around a bit would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Anyone know why so many areas have been closed for the last 2-3 weeks?

Comment

I know they've been doing a lot with the tanks and Bradley's. And now that bridge is out too leading to all the 40s-60s.

Comment

Originally posted by SapperTitan View Post
                  Anyone know why so many areas have been closed for the last 2-3 weeks?
                  National Guard is training. I went out for stand maintenance last weekend and they were all over my spots.

Comment

They need to go down to Bliss for training LOL.

Comment

Been seeing a ton of deer in my hunting areas and its really pumping me up for the season! Sept. 27 can not get here fast enough! Anyone getting anything good on cam???

Comment

Haven't been able to check my stuff in over 2 weeks but had a nice one coming in.

Comment

They've been training like crazy. I was hand feeding a couple areas. Even tossed out some throw and grow. Went out last week, looks like there's been 100's of tank cruising through my spots. One even took out my brushed in natural blind.

Comment

You can check into areas under option 6 for areas that being trained in as long as you are doing current stand maintenance... Being an archery only hunter i stick to areas that dont get trained in to hard. Been able to get to most of my spots and been glassing a few of them in the am an evenings. Got alot of deer in all areas and some truely giant bucks in a few. Hope im still around for the opener! 8 weeks to go!!!

Comment

Won't be here for the opener thus year. Rey my wife, daughter and I are fishing the sharkathon tourney this year hoping that we can pull a 1st or 2nd place. 20 grand for 1st and roughly 10 grand for 2nd for the shark division. Womens is around 3 grand for 1st and youth is around 1000. All places come with custom rods. And 1st and 2nd places come with reels ranging from 200 to 900 dollars. Needless to say I'm pumped about fishing this.

Comment

Sounds awesome!!!!!!!! I could miss the opener for that too! Good luck 20K would be amazing! I'm just hoping i am going to be here for opening weekend! Going to try and take a 4day pass for it if i am!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X