No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Ft Meade? How is maryland hunting?

Comment

Deer Corn

HEB in Lampasas, Mumme's Apple scented 50# is on sale for $8.47

Comment

Unfortunately, I am working for an IOU right now so I don't know when I will get back to ETX or any of my areas on Hood for that matter to corn or hunt. If you can only make it to your hunting area every 2 or 3 weeks or maybe longer if you live far away, will hand corning ONLY when you go be effective? Just wondering since deer may not be used to it if you are not doing it frequently.

Comment

Lance, with hand corning, find the travel cooridors. Use to stop momentarily.

I got to school with a gal that use to work with you at the SRP site.

Get it done fellas, long weekend ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            Well congrats to Fort Hood Garrison pulling head out of 4th point of contact, get it done fellas and get your kill on!!!
            FYI.....it wasn't the Garrison that the issue was with. It is/was with Congress. Thanks to the POMA approval and to an insightful SECDEF, he brought everyone back to work.
            You should know the facts before slamming someone/agency on a public forum!!!!

Comment

BJRhoads, Well, Well, I guess I hit a nerve. I will pretty much say what I want, I earned it, you don't have to like it.

Yes Congress has everything shut down. But the word had to come from Garrison since they are in charge of the program, IMAGINE that, Oh then the funny, open turkey hunting but not deer hunting, WOW the same check in/out procedures go figure.

So high speed how you like them facts, you must work in Garrison.

Comment

Well I think I hit a nerve as well...........
                And YES I do work for USAG Ft Hood. 30+ years.....I earned it as well!!!
                As you are prior military, you know the GC was only following orders.

Comment

Most areas appear to be open this weekend and.....

Potential Strong Thunderstorms with heavy rain across the Fort Hood area this holiday weekend--Saturday through Monday.

The potential exists for strong thunderstorms to develop ahead of a series of low pressure systems moving out of the western US into the central plains. Severe thunderstorms are unlikely at this time, but small hail and high wind could accompany some storms. Heavy rain likely the primary threat as storms could move over the same area for an extended period. Localized flooding of low-lying areas could occur. A total of 2 to 3 inches of rain could fall across the Fort Hood area Saturday into Tuesday morning.

Wear your harnesses & be safe all my fellow Treehuggers!

Comment

wish I was out there this morning but my darn allergies got the best of me this week I will be out tomorrow. saw a nice shooter buck this week running across Nolan road into 37 at 8am

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BJRhoads View Post
                      No you didnt hit a nerve with me, I just think is is really messed up with seriously pior leadership decisions that were made. GC was following orders, but not using common sense in his MDMP, where a large amount of soldiers and civilians spent several hundred dollars on hunting licenses and time and effort. Would the GC refunded the soldiers and civiliam, sure as heck would not have.

This is why I no longer hunt Fort Hood, poor leadership, decisions, and cost of theft, which no one does anything about. So you can jump on the USAG bus and be as political as you want, I stay on ground level where the rubber meets the road.

Good Hunting all.

Comment

All this rain coming fellas need to get on it quick, they are gonna feed at peak hours.

Seen 4 young ones yesterday at my land that will look great in a few years if I can keep them from being shot by rhe local natives.

Comment

Originally posted by BJRhoads View Post
                          Where do u work? Bldg 1001?

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                            All this rain coming fellas need to get on it quick, they are gonna feed at peak hours.

Seen 4 young ones yesterday at my land that will look great in a few years if I can keep them from being shot by rhe local natives.
                            In stand now till about 1000. Back around 1500.

Comment

Lance, deer moving now, can u sit till 1100 get it done brother.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger

shoulda got up this morning ill be out tomorrow hope they are still moving tomorrow morning

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                                X