No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really bums me out about 105 one of guys at the sportsman center told me it was good plus it would be about 15 min from the house. I would like to meet up with you guys Ive just been busy at work jrtc then straight into a sexual harassment class. That sour corn sounds like.it would be some rank stuff.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger
      If your thinking 105 your stuff is already stolen.

Soured corn is an art form to make smells to high heaven but brings the pigs in.

As for ill equipped, you got a bow, arrows, broadheads, highly recommend the cheap fixed blades. Your good to go.

All you need to do is find them and wait.

I can whip up some soured corn for ya, if ya want. Got to meet up though. Ask Jason i make some good stuff.
      I have all that just no feeder or lights and my blinds allready out in a differant area

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
        That really bums me out about 105 one of guys at the sportsman center told me it was good plus it would be about 15 min from the house. I would like to meet up with you guys Ive just been busy at work jrtc then straight into a sexual harassment class. That sour corn sounds like.it would be some rank stuff.
        105 was good awhile back, but guaranteed not anytime recently. If you want to meet up I'm willing. Prefer in the mornings at someplace that has coffee. Good coffee, strong and as black as my soul. None of the latte stuff. What good it will do ya I have no idear. Like I said before, I kinda know where they ain't, not where they are.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, pigs are a tough hunt. They're kind of like fishing. Like the saying goes, 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water and it's the same for pigs 90% of the pigs are in 10% of the acerage. The really big problem with pigs is that 10% keeps shifting. If I had to shoot a trophy buck or a trophy hog on Hood in a week or die, I'd go for the trophy buck in a microsecond. Ain't a deer in this world as smart as a hog.
        Last edited by EdO; 12-13-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

You can get a kill light for about 100 get some cheap 2.4 wire 36 in. In a roll and build a blind out of it, 550 cord, fresh and dead cedars and now ya got a blind. Cheap and easy. Don't need feeder for soured corn, just a shovel and some back work. Or just surface lay it. And yes if done right it make a billygoat puke.

Comment

Ya may need a chair for the blind also, cheap on that don't squeek.

Comment

I wouldn't get too bummed at them because a few months ago 105 was really a hot spot. But pig hunting on Hood things change fast. IMHO a couple things happened; the trapper dropped a couple more traps close by and an increase in hunting pressure. A HUGE increase in hunting pressure. It went from nobody in over a year to a couple hunters a day showiing up on my cameras. This happened in just a month or two. I'm thinkin the trapper got the dumb ones and the smart ones got out of Dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Anyone got a spare TBH Sticker laying around I can get off ya??
                Crap! Wish I'd have known. I just threw two of the red ones from last year away. The new ones are green and I wish I'd of kept the red ones. Alas I've used both of the new ones. BTW saw one on a white (I think Toyota) just the other day on the Stan Schleuter off ramp coming to Killeen from Harker Heights.)

Think I might give fishing a go on Sat. WX looks decent.

Good show on your exams. I was always partial to math. Was never good at it, but always kind of liked giving it a go. Did just fine until 3rd semest calculs and then I stunk it up REAL bad (got a D and I think the professor gave me that to be nice.). Did a lot better on a weird course I took on the relationship between the Bible and Science. Come to find of it the prof has a lot of youtube stuff on the net fellow named Gerald Schroeder (I think I spelled it correctly).

Comment

I geuss its back to the drawing board. have been in 37, 32, 33 8s. I have been hunting 8n for deer and I saw some pig poop but its closed this weekend I allready reserved 105 but I can check out. When you use optiin 4 on teltrac how many days can you reserve at a time? I tried reserving 2 days aymt a time with option 2 and got myself suspended lol.

Comment

After looking at the map im thinking maybe I should try scouting out 32. have you guys been out there for hogs?

Comment

I geuss its back to the drawing board. have been in 37, 32, 33 8s. I have been hunting 8n for deer and I saw some pig poop but its closed this weekend I allready reserved 105 but I can check out. When you use optiin 4 on teltrac how many days can you reserve at a time? I tried reserving 2 days aymt a time with option 2 and got myself suspended lol.

Option 4 you can log.in for 2 days at a time

Comment

What is a good pic viewer for the field? You can pull the card out of the camera and directly view pics. I don't want an IPad. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Cheap digital camera

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                            Anyone got a spare TBH Sticker laying around I can get off ya??
                            i got one for you brother!! got two in the mail only needed one!!

Comment

Nice, got to pimp out my ride.

Comment

Sitting in a gb till 1800 hoping to catch a doe off guard. Raining a bit here but we sure do need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X