Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
    Didn't know that. Thanks for info. So should I call them tonight, try teletrac, or just show up in the morning?
    Being as how it's as late as it is, I'd do both. Actually, being season and all, somebody my answer the phone at the sc. I'd try calling there and if that doesn't work, call teletrac and show up in the morning and expect the worst. A box blind is not that big a deal if you bring a chair you can sit beind it. However, they are set up for rifle, so range might be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
      Being as how it's as late as it is, I'd do both. Actually, being season and all, somebody my answer the phone at the sc. I'd try calling there and if that doesn't work, call teletrac and show up in the morning and expect the worst. A box blind is not that big a deal if you bring a chair you can sit beind it. However, they are set up for rifle, so range might be an issue.
      I guess the worst that could happen is I'm told no

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
        I guess the worst that could happen is I'm told no
        I don't think that will happen. It's just a matter of how they will accomadate you. If you sign in for a hunt, you get a hunt even if your using a jack knife. I think they'll do their best to accomadate you, but it just may not be ideal for a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
          Try to call back, sometimes the system gets screwy when they update the Teletrac system with the new areas.

If no luck, call up to the SC and talk to someone about signing out for that area.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            Just trying to help folks, and try and treat them the way I want to be treated is all brothers. Hope it works out for ya Chris. I think it will if ya set up behind that stuff going north.

Shane been seeing some big ones moving out here in Lampasas. So get out here this weekend.
            Headed out in the AM.

Comment

Gonna do something rare for me and go out in the morning. Just a matter of finding an area. I'm a big fan of 13 and 40, but both are closed.

The live in Chinese Chef does wonders with tofu, tastes almost like backstrap, but it's still tofu. Need meat. Worse comes to worse I'll go to the se and get me a few squirrels or rabbits. A coon would be easy, but not gonna sit around in the dark for one. Not a big fan of sitting, especially in the dark.

Think I just may go fishing, I could do with some gar steaks, or a big mess of blue gills/sun fish/perch, whatever you want to call them.

Comment

Ed should have told me ya like Coons, range a trap line and got several the other day along with some possum. Next time I will skin and bag for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                  Ed should have told me ya like Coons, range a trap line and got several the other day along with some possum. Next time I will skin and bag for ya.
                  I like most anything that mother nature provides. It's all good. I'm still trying to get over the Nile virus thing and try a couple grackles. Heck, the limeys eat blackbirds, what's the difference (other than the Nile virus)? What's weird is the Chinese Chef/Maid. Chinese have a reputation for eating amost anything. Not so. She won't eat almost anything unless it comes from HEB or Walmart. Go figure.

Comment

Finally got signed into the area. Now i can get my cam and stand. If it still there.

Comment

If y'all happen to need some instruction on how to prepare pan fish this is a great video of one way it's done ..... Ahhh, heck, it's funnier than all git out .... but informative at the same time.. Ain't got a thing to do with hunting though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3iDdPfUX5g&feature=relmfu"]Sexy Girl Gutting Fish (How To Clean & Cook Pan Fish) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Tried signing into my area 21 minutes after midnight and its full.. Lesson learned

Comment

In the stand. Waiting in one of the Lampasas monsters.

Comment

In the stand at north fort hood and we got.....hogs!!!!!!! About 100 yards to my rear! Hopefully the feeder sounds like a dinner bell and they come on in!

Comment

Kap

Comment

Originally posted by FullDrawFanatic View Post
                                In the stand at north fort hood and we got.....hogs!!!!!!! About 100 yards to my rear! Hopefully the feeder sounds like a dinner bell and they come on in!
                                Stick em brother, I'm at the farm right now covered in doe

Comment

Working...
                                X