No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way the AA looks, I am glad I'm not hunting hood this year. 52 has a couple good spots. I was set up in a real high deer traffic area. But had to take my set down because of all the clearing they were doing. Right off the creek. Was thinking about going back in and setting back up, maybe have some luck, and maybe have some hogs.

Comment

Looks like a good opportunity to do some deer stand work on a couple neglected sets. Then again, could sleep in. For sure not going fishing. Had enough of that today. Froze whats left of my ba****s off. Good news is neither one of us fell out of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
        well i just thought id try a guided hunt been on the phone for 40 mins and still nothing
        Took me my wife my son and 2 neighbors calling non stop for 15 minutes to get a line thru to get me and my son in for Saturdays guided hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
          Looks like a good opportunity to do some deer stand work on a couple neglected sets. Then again, could sleep in. For sure not going fishing. Had enough of that today. Froze whats left of my ba****s off. Good news is neither one of us fell out of the boat.
          Must have been comical!

Comment

Shane, been doing a drag with the buck urine, hitting the horns and about 10-15 min later an easy "hey I am here grunt" and if they are in early shot they been coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
              Shane, been doing a drag with the buck urine, hitting the horns and about 10-15 min later an easy "hey I am here grunt" and if they are in early shot they been coming in.
              Thanks, I will give it a try. Hopefully I pull something in. Got a couple real nice bucks, and a couple that are not as nice, but legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Good tip! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcommander08 View Post
                  Took me my wife my son and 2 neighbors calling non stop for 15 minutes to get a line thru to get me and my son in for Saturdays guided hunt!
                  Didn't think you could call till tomorrow at 4.. Looks like we're out for the weekend..

Comment

Do the quota's change now that rifle season has started? or are they the same? What do you guys think about 8n? Im thinking about going back there after I get back I know its buck only but I saw alot there

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
                      Do the quota's change now that rifle season has started? or are they the same? What do you guys think about 8n? Im thinking about going back there after I get back I know its buck only but I saw alot there
                      Rifle season has a new quota unless its an archery only area.. Never been to 8..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                        Didn't think you could call till tomorrow at 4.. Looks like we're out for the weekend..
                        Started at 4 today for guided!

Comment

Rifle season has a new quota unless its an archery only area.. Never been to 8..
                          8n is a great set if you like to hunt in creek bottoms! I have setup in there a few times and enjoyed it! Don't hunt it much because it's all the way across post from house!

Comment

Okay that makes sense. I hope that the Archery only areas clear out of hunters while everyone is hunting the rifle areas

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
                              Okay that makes sense. I hope that the Archery only areas clear out of hunters while everyone is hunting the rifle areas
                              Me too.. I'm gonna prob hunt private land for deer most of the year but hope to go find some hogs at hood! Only had luck with that once..

Comment

Originally posted by randal
                                Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike1234

Me too.. I'm gonna prob hunt private land for deer most of the year but hope to go find some hogs at hood! Only had luck with that once..
                                I plan on hog hunting on hood too I have never hunted them before so I dont have a clue on how to

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                                X