No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to everyone hunting on Hood this weekend. Hope the areas are open for ya.

Comment

Will post it as soon as we get it

Comment

looking forward to seeing it. need to know what areas are open for opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaski06 View Post
          looking forward to seeing it. need to know what areas are open for opening day.
          I've been around long enough to where I don't look forward to it. Just joking. Post is usually pretty reasonable about making accomodations for opening weekend. I think it was last year (might have been the year before), the whole NE section was open for hunting. Come out at the wrong time and you had to wait on Taylor Valley Road while they had IED clearing exercises. Normally they'd have just closed down the whole NE section. So, they do try, at least a little bit.

Comment

If all goes as planned, I will be getting my area access this week. I do have one honey hole on West Hood I might hunt Sunday IF it is open.

Comment

I've been hunting in 20 for a few years now seems pretty good.. Wish we could shoot some doe but understand why we can't.. I got one opening day in one of the areas they allow last year.. I haven't done a WHOLE LOT of scouting but anyone know where would be a good spot to start looking for pigs?????!!! I've seen one or two over the years in 20 but I'm really itchin to get one!

Comment

Hey all good luck on Saturday, will be in a ground blind with the prospect of rain coming in and heck if I get wet I will melt I am so sweet... Yeah anyway.... Will be off the grid till the Lampasas GTG, may be on in the morning.

I have a bunch of mid-terms to take 4 to be exact and they are back to back.

Matt you will get the regular text messages as usual LOL keep you awake in the stand. I got more than a few doe to take care of, daughter will be with me with crossbow in hand, she has her eye on a nice little 8 pt that will got 120ish.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                  I've been hunting in 20 for a few years now seems pretty good.. Wish we could shoot some doe but understand why we can't.. I got one opening day in one of the areas they allow last year.. I haven't done a WHOLE LOT of scouting but anyone know where would be a good spot to start looking for pigs?????!!! I've seen one or two over the years in 20 but I'm really itchin to get one!
                  Go to the game wardens office and next door to them are the hog guys that track and shoot them, they can give you an idea where they are at better than anyone else.

They trap and tag some and release them back to find the herds.

Good luck! I haven't seen a single hog in 3 years.

Comment

So if there is a lot of rain this weekend and my area is open I am planning on hunting anyway. I am having bucks daily at my stand and can't hunt next weekend due to work. Problem is I have a two wheel drive, only one spot I am worried about getting out of . Is anyone in the area willing to yank me out if I get stuck ? If so I will pay you back with gas money , a steak dinner or a big group of blondes or all of the above PM me your number I will be forever grateful. I am on NE side of Hood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blondes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	24121190

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                      So if there is a lot of rain this weekend and my area is open I am planning on hunting anyway. I am having bucks daily at my stand and can't hunt next weekend due to work. Problem is I have a two wheel drive, only one spot I am worried about getting out of . Is anyone in the area willing to yank me out if I get stuck ? If so I will pay you back with gas money , a steak dinner or a big group of blondes or all of the above PM me your number I will be forever grateful. I am on NE side of Hood.

[ATTACH]396877[/ATTACH]
                      Of course! I'll be in the NE area as well. I carry 2 sets of straps at all times and have 4wd/tires.

Comment

Originally posted by PSEstinger07 View Post
                        Of course! I'll be in the NE area as well. I carry 2 sets of straps at all times and have 4wd/tires.
                        Another hand item to have is a come-a-long. 4WD, off road tires, tow strap and a come-a-long just in case there's a tree close by.

Comment

I'll be in 20 and 300 I'm in black jeep rubicon carry straps and have winch let me know if you need help

Comment

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Who will be in a stand Sat if it is raining?

Who will be in a stand Sat if it is raining?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X