Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
    Well it is that time of the season, gonna lay a little love out on a drag and attach it to the back end of a decoy and see what happens starting Friday and will hunt till sunday noon.

Good luck with the hunting all.

Where's Ed he into the pig feet and shiner again.

Got to meet Shane the other day, great guy, he got to watch one of my pups work a trail of a deer, never did find it, but I sure love watching her work.
    Was great meeting you the other day Kevin. Awesome pup you got there. She definatly had the track till we hit the creek.

Shawn

Comment

Got new set in awesome area rubs scrapes the whole area saw 7 deer while brushing in the blind

Comment

[QUOTE=fthoodhoghunter;6102762]Got new set in awesome area rubs scrapes the whole area saw 7 deer while brushing in the blind

Nice!

Comment

Can't wait to get back there. This Arizona hunting is for the birds.

Miss my good ole Central Texas.

Look forward to seeing you guys when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
            What I'm seeing is that the Big Boy's have already matched up with the ones they want to breed and are just waiting for the green light. What sign did you have in your area that caused you to set up in that particular spot. As for attractant. Feeders wise I use a combo of BB2 and Acorn Rage with corn on a 2 second throw to get the scent out mainly. Also remember that the RUT is about to go off so the Big Boy's go were their ladies tell them. It ain't called shopping for a reason. I got lucky this weekend and this dude made the mistake of making a scrape. Shot him at 10yds. Trophy to me because it's my first deer with a bow. Story is on BH Reports. Be patient. You put in the work. It will happen for you. Happy Hunting.
            Originally posted by BenBen View Post
            Hey ya'll if given the opportunity I'd sit all day if you could deal with it. They are moving constantly in what I'm seeing as well on my cams. Has anyone thought to possibly leaving signs that say Bow Hunter in Area around your sets. Yeah I know "Whatever Stupid" but seriously it may work. Most of us don't wish to buggar someone elses hunt on purpose or even accidentally and being that ya'll are packed in like circus clowns already it may just be the cats meow and prevent the ninja's from appearing at your set. Just throwing it out there.
            Ben,
            Congrats on the Backstrap. That is a GREAT deer. I like your idea about the signs. Any idea where I could get a few. I say do everything you possibly can to keep "your" spot "your" spot.

Comment

anybody hunting this evening? I plan on sneaking out of work early and heading out to 306 and ventilate me a fat one! hope it works out that way!!

Comment

BowTechGuardian,
                Make a 10 or so brother is what I've done in the past. Just let it air out after then place them about eye level with trail tacks. Maybe use a scent drag while you are doing it. By no means am I saying leave them out when you are not there. It may work and it may not. I've done it for both safety and information reasons. Public land hunting is tough but can be rewarding. Like Matt, Birdranger and EDO have stated previously, ya got to get off the beaten path. Go where other fear to go. I'm sure you can get it figured out. Best of luck and thanks for the kudos.

Ben,
                Congrats on the Backstrap. That is a GREAT deer. I like your idea about the signs. Any idea where I could get a few. I say do everything you possibly can to keep "your" spot "your" spot.

Comment

Any idea of the Area Access is out early?

Comment

They are running everywhere.

Comment

Quit it kevin , Some of us are trying to work

Comment

i hope so cuz i am about to drop the ninja smoke bomb and disappear from this office for the day! wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
                          Any idea of the Area Access is out early?
                          No luck will be out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                            No luck will be out tomorrow
                            Thanks Matt.

Comment

Just for Alec wish I could post my view for ya. Just can't keep them still. All over had 2 fighting in the side yard.

Comment

Just for Alec wish I could post my view for ya. Just can't keep them still. All over had 2 fighting in the side yard.

What's that? Dog's or kids?

Comment

Working...
                                X