No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACORNS all is got to say is acorns, got a small pile of corn under feeder but I am hunting trails anyway.

Comment

No live hunt this morning but I can do one tonight for ya Matt?

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike1234

I have never even been that far into northern mn.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Hey Mike I lived in Becker for 5 years , ever hunt sand Dunes NF ? Lived in Alexandria for 5 years and Eden Prairie for 10. Love that area but hate the cold
        I used to hunt in becker and menomen never hunted sand dunes. I am with on the cold but I sure do miss all the hunting land not at all like here

Comment

How is late sesson deer hunting on ft hood. December. Im not sure if I will be able to back in the woods till then

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            ACORNS all is got to say is acorns, got a small pile of corn under feeder but I am hunting trails anyway.
            I thought that, but on my way out I pulled my cam card and I got bucks, does, turkeys, coyotes, and cows eating all the time. The does show up mostly at night, but the bucks have been feeding early morning. And a couple of times they showed up in the afternoon, but not when I'm there I did notice that they are coming in from different roué than I suspected, so the wind was wrong for me today, but I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by GottaGetMy1stWT View Post
              Been on stand since 0630, just waiting. All I've seen is rabbit and a **** load of cardinals. My youngest boy keeps asking me, "how come we aren't seeing any deer?" All I can do is shrug my shoulders. But I do here some faint voices off in the distance, not sure if that's why I have t seen crap.
              Would think that's why.. I shot a doe opening weekend and could hear people talking and running some kind if equipment.. same thing last year..

Comment

Hey all just talked to a Lampasas rancher he is a standard up guy who is eating MLD. and is selling doe and management hunts for a real good price.

Does 150 if you buy 5 its 550 total that's less than 100 per do.
                Management hunts 600

Let me know if anyone is interested shoot a pm.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. A lot cheaper than the way we go about it. At my place in OK I pay $200 for a non-resident OK license and get one doe and one buck. Usually only take one doe. In AL I pay 125 for a 3 day non-resident license and usually take one or sometimes 2 doe's. Leave the bucks for the Son-in-law. It's his land. But, I combine my hunting trip with visiting for the Holidays so don't mind.

Had a good day today, just wandering around scouting a couple areas. Saw tracks of either a very large boar or a huge buck. Couldn't really tell they were in dry ground and were pretty faint and caved in. So, spread some corn around and hung a camera. We'll see what we'll see. Didn't see any man tracks/tire tracks at all once I got back in there.

Hope you kill something real soon so you can get back to studying

Comment

What's ya'lls advice on putting and leaving a bow stand and feeders on ft.hood? Is it worth it? Have there been many thefts this year?

Comment

Originally posted by FullDrawFanatic View Post
                      What's ya'lls advice on putting and leaving a bow stand and feeders on ft.hood? Is it worth it? Have there been many thefts this year?

Pretty much depends on where you leave your stuff. I've lost two feeders, three cameras and a pop-up, but they were in pretty high traffic areas. My ladder stands survived, guess they were too much trouble. The stuff I have that is away from the mainstream traffic has been safe. I live dangerously and leave stuff out year around. Never really lost anything until after last season was over with, then it all started to disappear. So I'd have to say that the thievery has gotten a lot worse recently. Whether it's worth it or not, is somethng you have to decide for yourself.

Comment

I hear ya ed, there was a place in cove that was charging 300 per doe. Took the boy out tonight, seen a doe and a fox.

Comment

Originally posted by FullDrawFanatic View Post
                          I usually just hand feed.. Luck seems to decide if your stuff gets stolen.. It seems the 300 has more thieves.. I think it's cause it's too close to gatesville easy acsess..

Comment

Too bad I didn't get this view while I was on stand.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                              I usually just hand feed.. Luck seems to decide if your stuff gets stolen.. It seems the 300 has more thieves.. I think it's cause it's too close to gatesville easy acsess..
                              No bueno

Comment

Originally posted by montros View Post
                                No bueno
                                No bueno???

Comment

Working...
                                X