Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
    I haven't seen or heard bird one yet. Went to 303 yesterday then drove into 301 and heard nothing. Went to 36 today and zero'd again.
    Try 22 around Taylor Gulch or (bite my tongue) with a bow the lower west side of 105. Another spot that I've seen them is crossing the parking area at Engineer Lake. Then there's 115, turn left at the oak trees before the opening with the new training bldg on it. Maybe 100 mtrs (or a little less) off Taylor Valley road. There's some there too. Why am I so free with the info? I'm going fishing.

Comment

Thank you Ed. I will be looking in those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
        Try 22 around Taylor Gulch or (bite my tongue) with a bow the lower west side of 105. Another spot that I've seen them is crossing the parking area at Engineer Lake. Then there's 115, turn left at the oak trees before the opening with the new training bldg on it. Maybe 100 mtrs (or a little less) off Taylor Valley road. There's some there too. Why am I so free with the info? I'm going fishing.
        Because you're a great person Ed...too many people now a days are not like you and that's why the US is the way it is.

Comment

Anyone been doing any good with the turkey or hogs?

Comment

Where is everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
              I haven't seen or heard bird one yet. Went to 303 yesterday then drove into 301 and heard nothing. Went to 36 today and zero'd again.
              Try area 10 & 11 , last time I was at Hood I saw about 50 up there in two groups. Good Luck

Comment

Welcome another Hood hunter.... Bigcountry33

Comment

Any luck with pigs lately Ed?

Comment

Gonna try for a tom again tomorrow. I know the weather is gonna suck, but gotta get out when I can.

Comment

Ft Hood hunting in general has been so crappy I haven't bought a license in 2 years now. I used to be a religious Ft Hood hunter but got tired of all the rule changes, untimely closeures of land, etc. I have killed some good deer, turkey and hogs off of the land too. mostly in the 30's which are now closed down to deer hunting.

Comment

Does anyone have a 110v welder I could borrow for a weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by 1FowlHnTR View Post
                          Ft Hood hunting in general has been so crappy I haven't bought a license in 2 years now. I used to be a religious Ft Hood hunter but got tired of all the rule changes, untimely closeures of land, etc. I have killed some good deer, turkey and hogs off of the land too. mostly in the 30's which are now closed down to deer hunting.
                          The 30s should be open next year 2013 , Is what I heard.(That is If We all make it passed 2012 ) And yes the rule changes are a pain in the _ _ _ But I still lik it there

Comment

There are some nice deer in the 30's, seen them when I was looking for a hog spot. will be looking forward to them opening back up.

Comment

Anyone got any feeder legs they don't need? I am trying to build a tripod for my feeder, have everything but the legs.

Comment

anybody been seeing many squirrels out there? wanna Kill a mess for a family cookout but don't have the first clue as to where to look on Hood....I heard by engineer lake is a good starting point?

Comment

Working...
                                X