No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ool thanks all for the help with the stands, I got some corn souring now and I can throw a few bags of corn your way.

Will bew the weekend of the 16th. We will see what happens.

I looked for 3 days and found nada, tracked it to the fence line with the dog and then asked if for permission and got it followed blood some more and then another fence and then I got a HECK NO you can not cross, contacted GW about it he said he talked to the land owner and no deal, wonder if they got a ticket for game waste??

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
      ool thanks all for the help with the stands, I got some corn souring now and I can throw a few bags of corn your way.

Will bew the weekend of the 16th. We will see what happens.

I looked for 3 days and found nada, tracked it to the fence line with the dog and then asked if for permission and got it followed blood some more and then another fence and then I got a HECK NO you can not cross, contacted GW about it he said he talked to the land owner and no deal, wonder if they got a ticket for game waste??
      Jerks!!!! Bet they found it.

If you let me know if and when you want to use it, I'll take a hanging feeder up there a few days in advance. Spread a little sour corn around to get things started too ... if I can stand the smell Last I heard the piggies were back in the area.

Comment

Well Ed.....the hogs are not the only smelly thing back in the area....one of my buddies walked in on someone checking his camera and the dude had been hunting his set for a while....my buddy called the GW and when he got there it just so happened that they guy that had been hunting my buddies set worked in Blora....and was supposed to be working.

So, I go in this afternoon to check on my stuff.....everything looks Kosher.....fill my feeder and spread some sour corn.......pull around the bushes behind my feeder down the little trail to the left......"OH ****".......what do I find..... Some guy has put a feeder and a camera less than 20 yards from mine.......and it just so happens that it is a clear 15 yard shot from my 15" ladder. I am assuming that he has been hunting my ladder and provided his own feeder (since mine is locked 20 feet up in the tree) and a camera. His feeder still had corn in it, but the batteries were dead in his camera and there were no pics on the card.

So if any of you know a guy named (Glenn Silicott) that lives in Temple.......PLEASE tell him to come and get his camera and feeder before I call the GW and have him come and remove it.

I mean I appreciate him keeping the spot "HOT".... but seriously...15 yard clear shot from my ladder to YOUR feeder....come on......the nerve of some people.

Comment

I ain't got but one reply to that, and I can't put it on here. Beyond that, I'd better hold my tongue.

What's worse, if you left is the left I'm thinking of, the community stand is right handy to where he's set up also.
          Last edited by EdO; 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

SOUNDS right Ed, I got a bucket feeder for ya no need to get one at all, nothing fancy but it works, I will have it Hung along with soured corn by u an Jason by friday.

I am heading to mule deer country for work, wife and kids staying here.

Comment

SOUNDS right Ed, I got a bucket feeder for ya no need to get one at all, nothing fancy but it works, I will have it Hung along with soured corn by u an Jason by friday.

The rope and pulley should be there already so all you need to do is tie it on and pull it up.

I want this guys job, Single Barrel is awesome stuff. Workin on a wee bit as I type ..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSXEzSLX_E&feature=related"]Jack Daniel's - Single Barrel - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Ok will get it up. Soured corn layer down look for the round holes ed.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                  I ain't got but one reply to that, and I can't put it on here. Beyond that, I'd better hold my tongue.

What's worse, if you left is the left I'm thinking of, the community stand is right handy to where he's set up also.
                  The community stand is about 200 meters to my left, but when I mean I turned left, I meant that I just drove around the little group of trees to the left of my feeder... around where I made the whole in the fence...so I mean his feeder is literally 20 yards from mine.......and it ohhhhhh so convieniently has a crystal clear LOS to my stand at 15 yards.
                  Last edited by TXArrowSlinger; 12-13-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Sounds good.........When are you thinking about having someone out there to hunt it Kevin? I may head out Thursday evening to make sure my feeders are up and running and good to go. Just let me know when your thinking.

Comment

Let me know when your heading out I will need an hour heads up and meet ya.

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                        Well Ed.....the hogs are not the only smelly thing back in the area....one of my buddies walked in on someone checking his camera and the dude had been hunting his set for a while....my buddy called the GW and when he got there it just so happened that they guy that had been hunting my buddies set worked in Blora....and was supposed to be working.

So, I go in this afternoon to check on my stuff.....everything looks Kosher.....fill my feeder and spread some sour corn.......pull around the bushes behind my feeder down the little trail to the left......"OH ****".......what do I find..... Some guy has put a feeder and a camera less than 20 yards from mine.......and it just so happens that it is a clear 15 yard shot from my 15" ladder. I am assuming that he has been hunting my ladder and provided his own feeder (since mine is locked 20 feet up in the tree) and a camera. His feeder still had corn in it, but the batteries were dead in his camera and there were no pics on the card.

So if any of you know a guy named (Glenn Silicott) that lives in Temple.......PLEASE tell him to come and get his camera and feeder before I call the GW and have him come and remove it.

I mean I appreciate him keeping the spot "HOT".... but seriously...15 yard clear shot from my ladder to YOUR feeder....come on......the nerve of some people.
                        This is my biggest complaint about Ft Hood. Everywhere I go to try and hunt someone else is already there or like what happened this year, someone set a feeder and a stand about 30 yds behind my stand.
                        There is nowhere you can go that someone else is not already there or will follow you in.
                        I guess I shouldn't complain, at least I get to hunt but it sure does make it more difficult with all of the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                          This is my biggest complaint about Ft Hood. Everywhere I go to try and hunt someone else is already there or like what happened this year, someone set a feeder and a stand about 30 yds behind my stand.
                          There is nowhere you can go that someone else is not already there or will follow you in.
                          I guess I shouldn't complain, at least I get to hunt but it sure does make it more difficult with all of the competition.
                          The community stand is about 200 meters to my left, but when I mean I turned left, I meant that I just drove around the little group of trees to the left of my feeder... around where I made the whole in the fence...so I mean his feeder is literally 20 yards from mine.......and it ohhhhhh so convieniently has a crystal clear LOS to my stand at 15 yards.

Man I sure don't miss any of this^^^^^^...my biggest issue is not getting to hunt on Sunday...yet

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                            The rope and pulley should be there already so all you need to do is tie it on and pull it up.

I want this guys job, Single Barrel is awesome stuff. Workin on a wee bit as I type ..

Jack Daniel's - Single Barrel - YouTube
                            Thanks for this one.

Comment

Ed and Jason, I am not gonna make it out there this week I am working a weird schedule again but I will have the feeder in the truck Ed if you want to swing by where I work and pick it up.

JFYI Dicks has corn for 6.49 a 40 bag.

Comment

Kevin, I went out htere yesterday and checked on my feeders. Got one up and running good, the one back on the fenceline, but the other one has a dead battery, so I gotta get back out there and fix it up. However, I did not see any sign of hogs anywhere. I looked in all of my spots and a few of the other old ones, but no avail. I do not know where the little stink pots are hiding out. I figured the rain and colder weather would have them coming back in, but it doesnt look too promising. Maybe they ran away

Comment

Working...
                                X