No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good point about the asprin, don't matter 1shot and I get ill tempered. Got some good Irish blood in me.

Comment

Alright man. Hope you get 1. Good luck.

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
      NE hood , just had a doe come running by with a big 8 and a spike following. Couldn't get them to stop though. Doe was flat worn out, sides heaving and tongue hanging out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
      It's that spot I was telling you about Lance, I have seen more deer since 8:30 than I have all year. Might have to take another vacation day tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a Armortech sight in the classifieds 5 pin .019 pins awesome sight.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
          I got a Armortech sight in the classifieds 5 pin .019 pins awesome sight.

Yes it is...I love mine!

Comment

Ended up seeing 11 bucks and 9 does, only one buck wider than 13" and he went by so fast I could not get a shot. it was a really nice day to be on stand. Unfortunately that ugly Four letter work required that I be here today but will be back on stand all weekend.

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend. My 7yr old wants to hunt. He don't have a license or Hunter ed. so, we are going to East Tx tonight. I will bowhunt in the mornings and me and Dylan will sit in a pop-up on a pipeline in the afternoons.

STAY SAFE & HAPPY VETERANS DAY

Comment

I've been reading this thread. trying to get a handle on hunting at the hood. I gather reading the website/s for the Sportsman center and or calling them should help me get all the details I can for learning all I can about getting set up to hunt out there. One question, I took hunter's ed class 20 years ago and the number prints on my license every year. Is there a different certification class I have to take to hunt at the Hood? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by westguy76 View Post
                  I've been reading this thread. trying to get a handle on hunting at the hood. I gather reading the website/s for the Sportsman center and or calling them should help me get all the details I can for learning all I can about getting set up to hunt out there. One question, I took hunter's ed class 20 years ago and the number prints on my license every year. Is there a different certification class I have to take to hunt at the Hood? thanks
                  Your hunters ed should be good. I took mine in 1978 in California and they accepted it. You got the rest figured out, call the sportsman's center.

Comment

Westguy76 you use to have to do a bowhunter qual but no longer, just get state and Fort Hood license and have at it. You do need hunters ed and it doesn't matter when you took it. Good luck and godd hunting.

Anyone else heading North to Moody this weekend??

Comment

I could be all wet on this, but I think you still need to qualify with the bow. I think the change was from having to do it every year with broadheads to just a one time deal with field tips.

Comment

Gonna be livin good this evening! Pig feet, black eggs, fresh baked bread and beer
                        Attached Files

Comment

I an envious Ed but from what the Ames tells me no

Comment

I want this! Ain't nothing as cool as a flathead. That is just one super cool car. I notice he's remounted the generator off of the intake mount, and that's a good thing. Bet that thing is crankin out at least 90 hp. Not bad when you figured he started with 60.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OpPOUmM3kI"]Flathead Ford with 3 '97's - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                              Westguy76 you use to have to do a bowhunter qual but no longer, just get state and Fort Hood license and have at it. You do need hunters ed and it doesn't matter when you took it. Good luck and godd hunting.

Anyone else heading North to Moody this weekend??
                              If you have never qualed on ft hood you still have to qualify

Comment

OK then I am all wet on this I thought it was gone forever sorry for the bad poop all.

Comment

Working...
                                X