• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way

Comment

I'm settled in a waiting.

Comment

Good luck today guys!! I'm stuck at work but I'm planning to get out this afternoon.

Comment

Bow hunting 101 "keep your finger off the trigger when u draw ur bow" I spooked a big doe.

Comment

Had a "twin forks" stand broadside at 20yds for 10 minutes and then proceed to chase off all the does coming in yesterday afternoon/evening. Got soaked to the bone hiking back to truck. Awefully windy today. Might hunt afternoon/evening again if it breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
              Had a "twin forks" stand broadside at 20yds for 10 minutes and then proceed to chase off all the does coming in yesterday afternoon/evening. Got soaked to the bone hiking back to truck. Awefully windy today. Might hunt afternoon/evening again if it breaks.
              I had nothing but spikes and small bucks come in yesterday. Everyone is so touchy about using buck tags on spikes, but one of them is a 3 or 4 y/o 3 pt that needs to be taken. He posed for me for hours yesterday morn and evening. Another one is a true young "11 pt" spike with spikes 10-12 inches long. Lord forbid we manage the heard and use one of the monster buck tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                I had nothing but spikes and small bucks come in yesterday. Everyone is so touchy about using buck tags on spikes, but one of them is a 3 or 4 y/o 3 pt that needs to be taken. He posed for me for hours yesterday morn and evening. Another one is a true young "11 pt" spike with spikes 10-12 inches long. Lord forbid we manage the heard and use one of the monster buck tags.
                Let one fly then.

Comment

Back in the blind

Comment

A spike on day one will show up again later, if you held up, good restraint. You'll thank yourself later if you get a nice one. I'm given until after rut myself...if no good one, then come on spikes. A better move for COE is to get spikes included on the doe count..if we're "managing the herd".

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                      Let one fly then.
                      Yeah let it fly!!!! Its your hunt, no one will know but you.

Comment

take em and enjoy

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                        This is my 1st for bow hunting and 1st at the lake. TAKE THEM MAN... enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. I busted my *** to haul a 55 gal feeder and set up my blind, so I'm sure everybody else did to. So shoot, eat, and enjoy.

If the big buck show himself afterward, then enjoy the view and hope he is still around next year.

Comment

Guys I am a little concerned about my area im in 9. I've got pics of some deer but all at night. Will this pattern change? Should I move? When is a good time to think of relocating? There is potential where I am at but the pattern is not there.

Any thoughts? Also is 5:00pm to late to head to my blind? I am concerned about ruining somebody's hunt.

Comment

Don't move...its only 2 days in! You'll catch one slipping, but you gotta get on stand by 3:30...5pm is definitely too late IMO. Maybe try the morning

Comment

Dont move. I'm in 9 too. I only had a doe and a fawn come to my set up at first and about two weeks ago two new fawns showed up and another doe. The deer will move when the rut starts heating up. Patients it's a long season.

Comment

Wind Check by doe aLl weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X