No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in my stand at the moment. Put out a buffet for them to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
      Sitting in my stand at the moment. Put out a buffet for them to eat.
      Good luck

Comment

Saw nothing, heard a lot of trampling on leaves. Will be out this weekend for sure.

Comment

Good Luck! I went Sunday evening and saw nothing but piled up corn. Last Monday morning went to load feeder before work and had two bucks come running right toward me. I froze and they stopped within 20yds of me, exhausted and panting. They were clearly rutted up and must have been fighting and/or chasing does. I stayed frozen and they eventually caught their breathe and walked off, seemed oblivious that I was even standing there. It was pretty cool, unfortunately all I had with me was an empty sack of corn, no bow!

Comment

How do you go about hunting georgetown? I asked a guy there at the gate an he said you have to be drawin to hunt there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunterstexas View Post
              How do you go about hunting georgetown? I asked a guy there at the gate an he said you have to be drawin to hunt there.
              yep turn in your app next year b4 july 4th then they do a drawing.

Comment

Anyone brave the elements this weekend?

Comment

I did NADA. One button buck was brought in on Sat.

Comment

I hunted Sunday evening. I grunted in a five point and had two doe come in.

Comment

I killed a doe Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Will be there Friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                          Will be there Friday morning.
                          Did a Friday afternoon hunt.

Nothing!

Comment

I gun hunt about 5 minutes away and dropped a big old spike today. Got some meat for the season so now it's time to hunt Georgetown hardcore. I have seen a lot of bucks out there and no does..... I need to get on the board and drop a doe. Each time I go out I never have wanted to see a doe more than a buck lol.

Comment

Got a late start. On the way in I've seen 9 does and 1 spike.

4 in a field off of 183
                              4 in a neighbor hood
                              2 on the path to my blind

The major started at 8:40 am which is when I saw these deer. I sure hope a nice doe with sinus issues and glaucoma come to visit me.

Comment

Looks like all the acorns are brown now and deer are starting to come to the feeders.

Comment

Working...
                                X