Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acepipeman View Post
    Set up my feeder right after orientation. Came back yesterday to check things out before opening weekend. Wow, was I surprised! I had two game cams up....zero pics of deer and about 3 bags of untouched corn on the ground. ....very surprised and disappointed. I imagine since there are bout 100 feeders going off on less than 1500 acres that it may have something to do with it. Also, it just might be a really bad spot. Contemplating moving but I don't want to accidentally get too close to someone else. Wait it out or move?
    Yeah first year here so my opinion doesn’t hold a ton of weight but sounds like your not in a great spot, to close to someone else or in a place where the general public cause to much commotion. I have seen enough deer on my camera to be excited. It’s a long season may want to think about moving. I also wouldn’t view it as only 1500 acres. The 1500 acres is spread a long way and there are a ton of deer in the area. I also think it’s only about 50 permits given out.
    Last edited by ScottyBTX; 09-27-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyBTX View Post
      Yeah first year here so my opinion doesn’t hold a ton of weight but sounds like your not in a great spot, to close to someone else or in a place where the general public cause to much commotion. I have seen enough deer on my camera to be excited. It’s a long season may want to think about moving. I also wouldn’t view it as only 1500 acres. The 1500 acres is spread a long way and there are a ton of deer in the area. I also think it’s only about 50 permits given out.
      Good to hear you are seeing game... that's a good sign. I will probably give it a couple of weeks then move if there's no action. Honestly, I think I may be too far into the cedars and too far from the natural game.trails. I'm not near a park trail or people. I appreciate the suggestions and will consider the advice.

Comment

Happy opening day eve yall! Good luck in the morning!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did anyone hunt today?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            Did anyone hunt today?

Missed out on a morning sit. Sat in the afternoon and saw squat. Trying again this morning. Hopefully the chilly air gets em moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sat yesterday morning and evening with zero deer. Up in the tree again this morning. Cameras show all kinds of activity midnight to 3 am. It’s a beautiful morning regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exact same at my spot. Getting 5-10 pics each night and nothing during the day. Sat this morning with no luck.

Comment

Sat Saturday morning and Sunday evening..nada both days.

Looking at my cam pics even my overnight activity dropped last week.

Comment

Hunter's Creek Processing (off Hwy 183 near Tejas Park) has an updated video at their website. It says they offer deer meatloaf, as well as tamales, and a recipe for Mexican Chorizo Cornbread Casserole that sounds good. Now, I just have to shoot a doe. Says they have a cooler where you can drop off a deer after hours.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                      Hunter's Creek Processing (off Hwy 183 near Tejas Park) has an updated video at their website. It says they offer deer meatloaf, as well as tamales, and a recipe for Mexican Chorizo Cornbread Casserole that sounds good. Now, I just have to shoot a doe. Says they have a cooler where you can drop off a deer after hours.
                      I've been using Hunters Creek for years..they do an amazing job!!

Comment

Does anyone have the check in schedule for when you shoot a deer? I can't find the email thanks

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Schedule

I have tried to attach it here
                          Attached Files

Comment

Take a photo and keep it in your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                              Take a photo and keep it in your phone.
                              Awesome I got it! Thank you

Comment

Anybody after their buck yet? I have seen them chasing does, but I don't have any both of mine yet

Comment

Working...
                                X