Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
    What is everyone using for broadheads?

I haven't had much luck with mechanical(rage, rocket and xecutioners), thinking about going back to the tried and true muzzy fixed 4 blades I grew up shooting.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    going Kayuga, 100 2 blade 125 4 blade. single bevel, easy sharpen.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
      Website says:

“Exemptions:
      Hunters from the 2021-2022 season who harvested TWO mature does may be considered exempt for the 2022-2023 season. Those hunters that qualified to be exempt have been notified via email. These hunters will still need to come to the Lake Georgetown project office for the mandatory orientation date to pay and obtain their permit.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any exempt people hear anything yet?

Comment

Any exempt people hear anything yet?

Well looks like I got ****ed over. Thanks allot Jewel and the complacent CoE staff.

Comment

Well looks like I got ****ed over. Thanks allot Jewel and the complacent CoE staff.
          What happened?

Comment

Let me know how it goes paintman

Comment

Jewel isn’t around anymore. Did you not get the email about orientation?

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                What happened?

Jewel never put me on the list. I contacted them several times asking when they would be notifying people and was consistently put off. By the time I realized it, orientation had passed. I called and they said sorry there’s nothing the can or will do about it

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                  Jewel isn’t around anymore. Did you not get the email about orientation?

Nope, she failed to add me to the list.

Comment

Nope, she failed to add me to the list.

***!? I knew I should have texted you on orientation day. Not sure it would have mattered if they didn’t put you on the exempt list though

Comment

***!? I knew I should have texted you on orientation day. Not sure it would have mattered if they didn’t put you on the exempt list though

I noticed there were four or five that showed for orientation and their names were left off the exemption list. That’s why it started late. They were manually entering them. Sucks Hogstalker and I don’t believe there would have been an excuse seeing as they scheduled a couple of makeup days for those that could not make orientation that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
                        I noticed there were four or five that showed for orientation and their names were left off the exemption list. That’s why it started late. They were manually entering them. Sucks Hogstalker and I don’t believe there would have been an excuse seeing as they scheduled a couple of makeup days for those that could not make orientation that day.

At least I have a few other places to hunt, but nowhere near as close as Lake Georgetown. Oh well. Nothing I can do now. Last year for exemption just came a year early for me I guess.

Comment

Feel free to check my spot if you want.

Comment

Set up my feeder right after orientation. Came back yesterday to check things out before opening weekend. Wow, was I surprised! I had two game cams up....zero pics of deer and about 3 bags of untouched corn on the ground. ....very surprised and disappointed. I imagine since there are bout 100 feeders going off on less than 1500 acres that it may have something to do with it. Also, it just might be a really bad spot. Contemplating moving but I don't want to accidentally get too close to someone else. Wait it out or move?

Comment

Originally posted by acepipeman View Post
                              Set up my feeder right after orientation. Came back yesterday to check things out before opening weekend. Wow, was I surprised! I had two game cams up....zero pics of deer and about 3 bags of untouched corn on the ground. ....very surprised and disappointed. I imagine since there are bout 100 feeders going off on less than 1500 acres that it may have something to do with it. Also, it just might be a really bad spot. Contemplating moving but I don't want to accidentally get too close to someone else. Wait it out or move?

My first year hunting the area so maybe one of the veterans of the area would have better advice but I would do some more scouting and shift a little. I can’t keep enough corn in my feeder and averaging 300+ pics a week. Not bragging just giving a reference point for you. I had help from a former exempt hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
                                My first year hunting the area so maybe one of the veterans of the area would have better advice but I would do some more scouting and shift a little. I can’t keep enough corn in my feeder and averaging 300+ pics a week. Not bragging just giving a reference point for you. I had help from a former exempt hunter.

Thank you, good to hear.

Comment

Working...
                                X