No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have info on the spike/bucks that have been taken out at general hunting area? or at all for that matter? lets see some LDP's.

Comment

anyone have info on the spike/bucks that have been taken out at general hunting area? or at all for that matter? lets see some LDP's.
      2 bucks taken from the general area, both spikes. This from Murray's last email, yesterday.

No branch antlered bucks taken at all, yet.

Comment

will be out tomorrow well see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
          2 bucks taken from the general area, both spikes. This from Murray's last email, yesterday.

No branch antlered bucks taken at all, yet.
          Add at least one more spike to that, it was checked in at Tejas last night according to the cub scout master I talked with it morning. I had my first chance to draw on a deer this morning. First time to use a ground blind. I found out that my popup is too dark inside for me to see my pins. I didn't think about that.

I just got back from academy with a site light that should fix that.

Haven't seen my AR legal buck on cam since last sunday night.

Thats ok, a doe will work for me just as well.

Comment

Hunted last night and no luck. I do like having the site light, really brightens up those pins.

Comment

Add at least one more spike to that, it was checked in at Tejas last night according to the cub scout master I talked with it morning.
              That spike was taken from the special access area. I got a big doe last night, and spent some time talking with the gate guy at Tejas.

Comment

TxJon. Feel free to hike into my stand and hunt it. I have not gone this year. Too far of a walk for my lazy rear.

Been throwing corn since Mid Sept. Should be covered up in deer. PM me for accurate location. Close to where I had last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                  That spike was taken from the special access area. I got a big doe last night, and spent some time talking with the gate guy at Tejas.
                  My bad I thought it was the general area

Comment

Got out to the popup at 530 seen 1doe so for. Wind is blowing pretty good. Had one gun shot at 630ish. All quiet now.

Comment

Couple more gun shots north of the river. Nothing here but wind and lots of it.

Comment

Got out here a little late 530. Tried rattling at 700 and had forkhorn come in. Not quite 13" but cool anyway.

Comment

Back out in the stand. I moved it about 5ft and turned it so let's see if it freaks then out.

Comment

Has any body seen any Rut activity going on?

Comment

2 weeks ago, a friend of my friend got a picture at the backyard. A buck was mounting on a doe.

Comment

Thinking about going out this evening... need to check camera and fill feeder. Wish me luck.... hope to get lucky and foul hook a 10 point while trolling to my setup back in the back. Will be using 4 bladed muzzy with a flasher rig!! Lol!!
                                Last edited by swampdonkey; 11-14-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X