Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redneck-lgtx View Post
    Well, it looks like i got screwed out of hunting there again this year.
    How did you get screwed out of hunting there??

Comment

Used to hunt there years ago before draw hunts. It was a free for all. We used a boat to get to less accessible places. I remember putting me stand up and throwing out corn. About 45 min before dark this guy comes walking along steps right in the middle of my corn and looks around on the ground. Then he walks over about 20 yards away and sits down. I tried to get his attention but couldn't. Got my flashlight out and had to shine it right in his face before he got the point. He walked off about 75 yards and sat down again. We did kill a few deer every year. Just got to be a hassle since I live 4.5 hours away.

Comment

I hunted there back then and still do. Things were much simpler, and a lot cheaper back then!

Comment

anyone been out?

Comment

Can't really get out till Nov. On Sun.-Thur. list. I work 6pm-6am Sun.- Thur. Sucks for me

Comment

I shot a doe the first week and have not been able to get back out. Good luck to all.

Comment

24 kills and only two kills on this thread from TBH??? had a spike and an 8pt come in yesterday but the 8 never gave me a shot. wanted to be the first Buck taken! oh well

Comment

he will come around.

Comment

Well I'm on the board. Killed a doe early this morning, dressed at a whopping 55 lbs, 2 1/2 years old.

No pics, it was a bloody mess. I spine shot her and had to finish things with a knife. Tracking job was nice, and the Slick Trick held up great, punched completely through, hung up in the hide on the off side.

Dragged her under my stand and waited for another to show up. About 30 minutes later a doe fawn came in. I thought about dragging them both back, and gave her a pass.

Guess that's my ticket in for next year!

Comment

congrats on the doe and the ticket for next year.

Comment

Can't wait till Nov. when I can go on weekends. The Mon.- Thur. mess is for the birds.

Comment

Got some clarification from Murry Friday. Where I am set up is spike and doe only and I have been trying to get this big buck to come in. WOW I'm such a idiot. Glad he didn't come in when my son was there. Don't get me wrong I will shoot does in a heart beat but was looking forward to my son getting a crack at that buck.

As they say you never stop learning.

The Special Access Area which is the areas around parks which on map are 7a, 6a,
                          6b, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 15e you are only allowed to take spikes or does.

Comment

any luck lately down this way?

Comment

Went out this past weekend and yesterday evening. Not seeing much of anything. Guess the deer have gone nocturnal. When does the rut usually kick in?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                                Went out this past weekend and yesterday evening. Not seeing much of anything. Guess the deer have gone nocturnal. When does the rut usually kick in?
                                It happens like that out there every year. It's the acorns and hunting pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X