Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everyone using for broadheads?

I haven't had much luck with mechanical(rage, rocket and xecutioners), thinking about going back to the tried and true muzzy fixed 4 blades I grew up shooting.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post

I haven't had much luck with mechanical(rage, rocket and xecutioners), thinking about going back to the tried and true muzzy fixed 4 blades I grew up shooting.

Rage broad heads last year my two does ran about 20 to 30 yards didn't get a chance at a nice buck my last doe was two nights before last day [emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

First time posting on here. Shot two doe last year so I am on again for this year saw some nice bucks last year but I shot my last doe second to last day of the season last year....gonna hunt real hard Oct try and knock out my two doe last year rut was about second week in November where I was. Good luck to everybody this year I'll keep y'all updated hoping to get a nice buck this year!

Comment

I'm using Rage 2.3" mechanical ones this year. First time using mechanicals, but I got a great deal on these so I figured I'd give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by LawSchoolFool View Post
            I'm using Rage 2.3" mechanical ones this year. First time using mechanicals, but I got a great deal on these so I figured I'd give them a try.
            Where did you get a good deal lol I like those

Comment

Originally posted by Marcuswellbe View Post
              Where did you get a good deal lol I like those

From eBay. Think I paid like $15 for them, brand new in the package.

Comment

Has anyone been doing any scouting? Any success? I've sprinkled corn and put cameras out over several spots the last few weeks with little activity.

I'm thinking the heat?

Comment

Has anyone been doing any scouting? Any success? I've sprinkled corn and put cameras out over several spots the last few weeks with little activity.

I'm thinking the heat?

I’ve been doing some. Kinda crappy time of year to scout though. Deer will behave much differently once season kicks off. Best bet is to scout as soon as the season wraps up but it’s kinda hard to get the go ahead from the missuss after spending the last few months doing nothing but hanging out in the woods especially with fishing season just around the corner haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready to get out there

Passed my proficiency test today at Double G. Met a couple of guys hunting Lake Georgetown this year also. Ready to get out there!

Comment

Hopefully this year's drought will reduce acorn production.
                      Last year corn was laying untouched under my feeder until acorn flood stopped.

Comment

I wonder if deer will get pushed in with all these new developments popping up around the Lake. It sure would be nice.

Comment

First time hunting Lake Georgetown. Any comments experiences from other hunters as far as feeders and cameras getting jacked with or stolen? Comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Wow it got quiet, did everyone get their spots setup?

Comment

Wow it got quiet, did everyone get their spots setup?

got it done!

Comment

Pushed out, no they will move in to the developments. Ample browse and no hunting pressure.

I kill big deer in Suburbia every year. (This is in Norther VA Suburb)

Comment

Working...
                                X