No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was also wondering on when the list will be announced?

Comment

Looks like the results are out. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful

Comment

Not picked either. Wondering if there will be a standby date?

Comment

I don't see anything about standby

Comment

Well I finally drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Charl View Post
              I don't see anything about standby
              They said no standby this year. I really thought the odds would be good with the change in the draw this year, but maybe it did the opposite... no dice for me either.

Comment

Yup got the email today no luck here, good luck to all that were drawn.

Comment

Finally got drawn. Now nervous about being the new guy on the property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
                    Finally got drawn. Now nervous about being the new guy on the property

You won't be the only new guy. Got drawn so this'll be my first time hunting Central Texas. If anybody has any tips or recommendations for Lake Georgetown, I'm all ears.

Comment

Any news on exemption? Did it end last year or this year?

Comment

I think this is the last year.

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                        Any news on exemption? Did it end last year or this year?

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                          I think this is the last year.

Paitiently waiting …

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                            Paitiently waiting …

Website says:

“Exemptions:
                            Hunters from the 2021-2022 season who harvested TWO mature does may be considered exempt for the 2022-2023 season. Those hunters that qualified to be exempt have been notified via email. These hunters will still need to come to the Lake Georgetown project office for the mandatory orientation date to pay and obtain their permit.”

Comment

First time hunting Lake Georgetown

What’s up fellas?

This is my first time hunting Lake Georgetown and only second time hunting public land. Hunted Laguna Atascosa a couple years ago for Nilgai. I’m a native Austinite. My family and I moved out to Georgetown in 2019. I’ve hunted some in Central Texas but not much. Been on a lease out in West Texas near Ozona since I was 15. I do majority of my hunting there. My wife and I are expecting a little girl in November so this is a blessing. I thought majority of my hunting season was shot. Looking forward to getting out a bunch and being close to home.

That being said I’ve read through a ton of the post to inform myself as much as possible. I still have a few questions. Also any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Access? I read that we could only park in designated parking areas. Is that true? I also read a post saying people park on the side of the road and hop the fence.

2. General hunting area vs bow hunting only area? I know there is small game hunters. Anybody that’s hunted the general hunting area have many interactions with the small game hunters?

3. Hunters vs General public? Most of the trails I’ve been on have a ton of hikers, bikers, etc. Any negative interactions while in camo with a bow or dragging a dear down the trail?

4. General courtesy? Obviously trying to avoid peoples hunting spots. I’m sure like most I’d like to be away from any other hunters but I’m sure it’s inevitable some of us we’ll bump into each other. Any rules of thumb?

Appreciate any help! And maybe meeting some of y’all

Comment

Congrats to you and your wife on the upcoming birth of your daughter!! I follow this thread a lot as I have wanted to hunt the lake, but have been blessed with having family land to hunt on. That being said, it would be nice to hunt close to home as I have seen some very respectable bucks in the area over my 18 years of living here. From what I gather, some hunters have an occasional issue with people messing with their sets, but I think that is rare. There are some good folks that hunt the lake regularly and I bet someone will jump in and help. Good luck this season and congrats for getting drawn out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X