Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In like Flynn.

Comment

Where do you obtain the IBO proficiency test? I shoot competitively in both ASA and IBO but I've never had to get a “Proficiency Test.”

Comment

Originally posted by RJBUCK19 View Post
        Where do you obtain the IBO proficiency test? I shoot competitively in both ASA and IBO but I've never had to get a “Proficiency Test.”
        Archery Country in Austin, or another archery shop out past Georgetown, but forgot the name.

Comment

Originally posted by e1harris View Post
          Archery Country in Austin, or another archery shop out past Georgetown, but forgot the name.
          Double G on 29 just east of 130

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

No messing about.... I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

****. U are not messing around. I am planning to set up Saturday morning to claim my same spot.

Comment

I'm in. First year. #67. how does the spot system work? honor system?

Comment

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
                  I'm in. First year. #67. how does the spot system work? honor system?
                  It's pretty much honor system. The attachment Brad sent out goes over all the rules. If you find a spot you like, do a quick perimeter check to make sure you are not within 100 yards of another setup, house, park, trail, etc. You can call the office and let them know where you are setup at. They'll do "drive bys" from time to time to check on everything and they'll let you know if you are breaking any rules.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                    It's pretty much honor system. The attachment Brad sent out goes over all the rules. If you find a spot you like, do a quick perimeter check to make sure you are not within 100 yards of another setup, house, park, trail, etc. You can call the office and let them know where you are setup at. They'll do "drive bys" from time to time to check on everything and they'll let you know if you are breaking any rules.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    10-4. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

I thought we needed a permit with our permit # on it before we could put up a feeder and a stand ?? I got one letter saying after receipt of said letter a single stand and feeder could be set up but not hunted(obviously), and another said the equipment needed to be labeled with our hunter info first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                        I thought we needed a permit with our permit # on it before we could put up a feeder and a stand ?? I got one letter saying after receipt of said letter a single stand and feeder could be set up but not hunted(obviously), and another said the equipment needed to be labeled with our hunter info first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        The email states that when you receive the email, you can set a blind and feeder.

I understand the inconsistency if you read all versions of the rules carefully as you obviously have.... but this one comes up every, every year.

Once you get your permit number you need to post it on your setup.

Comment

We can hunt the general hunting area also correct? Or do we have to stay in the Archery Only area?

Comment

Originally posted by RJBUCK19 View Post
                            We can hunt the general hunting area also correct? Or do we have to stay in the Archery Only area?
                            You can hunt in general.... but realize that dove/duck/rabbit/squirrel hunters will be thru those areas before and after the archery only seasons.

Comment

Got the blind set up this morning, glad I knocked it out early.

Comment

About to hike in with my setup. Hoping the spots i scouted aren't taken already. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                X