Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 days and counting.

Planning on taking a day off this week to hunt all day.

Weather is looking like cold front coming in Wednesday. I am shooting to go out there Wednesday or Thursday plus hunt all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
      8 days and counting.

Planning on taking a day off this week to hunt all day.

Weather is looking like cold front coming in Wednesday. I am shooting to go out there Wednesday or Thursday plus hunt all weekend.
      I took off friday and monday...monday will probably be an all day sit

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
        I took off friday and monday...monday will probably be an all day sit

I was gonna take Monday off but got called in for jury duty on the 30th.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
          I was gonna take Monday off but got called in for jury duty on the 30th.
          End of hunting season isn't an acceptable excuse to be let out of jury duty????[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
            Howabouttheiris. I think that's a grey fox
            x2

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
              Howabouttheiris. I think that's a grey fox
              After a bit of googling, I agree.

Body size struck me as a medium size dog when it came trotting through, so I never thought fox at all. I spent most of my time trying to get my phone to focus.

Thanks for the ID.

Comment

Well last hoorah boys...just made my last trip with bait...dropped half bag of corn and about 40# of acorns I froze at peak season....
                This 11 point is my target deer but at this point I'll be happy with anything.
                Mature doe looks bleak. .The one I have coming around with the two yearlings seem to be coming only at night lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Hypothetical question. ..and I could only be so lucky but...let's say you shoot a doe or spike and while waiting another doe or spike show up...can you shoot that one as well or would you have to check the first one in before shooting second

Comment

I'm only havin my does show up at night after the last rut finishing around the 8-9th. I think they are hiding from being chased by all the big bucks. To your question, I would think you could shoot another doe or spike as long as. Rad had enough spike tags.

Comment

I'll be hunting Friday through Sunday night and camping at Primitive if anyone hunts out there come on!!

Comment

Ill be out tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                          Hypothetical question. ..and I could only be so lucky but...let's say you shoot a doe or spike and while waiting another doe or spike show up...can you shoot that one as well or would you have to check the first one in before shooting second

My understanding over the years you gotta tag one b4 shooting another

Comment

Our this morning. 32 degrees

Comment

Pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

You stud!! I'm packing in now...Going to set up camp and sit as long as my body can handle...get em manny

Comment

Working...
                                X