• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
    We have til the 31st...same as last year
    Sweet.

Comment

Yes sir, if you want to call it hunting!! I'm learning what not to do next time. Let's see..this morning I hit my bow with my release �� Which made a nice CLANK!!! And my doe ran off. Last week I had my shooter, then my knuckle cracked as I was about to draw the bow...and yes, the doe ran off. But hey, I'm not giving up yet. Still have some more to go. I may get a sloooooooow start, but it's not done yet. I went for a quick sit this morning and took off around 8:30 after I spooked the deer. Plus the wind was starting.

Comment

Yes sir, if you want to call it hunting!! I'm learning what not to do next time. Let's see..this morning I hit my bow with my release 🤓 Which made a nice CLANK!!! And my doe ran off. Last week I had my shooter, then my knuckle cracked as I was about to draw the bow...and yes, the doe ran off. But hey, I'm not giving up yet. Still have some more to go. I may get a sloooooooow start, but it's not done yet. I went for a quick sit this morning and took off around 8:30 after I spooked the deer. Plus the wind was starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
          Yes sir, if you want to call it hunting!! I'm learning what not to do next time. Let's see..this morning I hit my bow with my release 🤓 Which made a nice CLANK!!! And my doe ran off. Last week I had my shooter, then my knuckle cracked as I was about to draw the bow...and yes, the doe ran off. But hey, I'm not giving up yet. Still have some more to go. I may get a sloooooooow start, but it's not done yet. I went for a quick sit this morning and took off around 8:30 after I spooked the deer. Plus the wind was starting.
          Rookie

Comment

Yeah, yeah, well! Not after this year, or next year hopefully. Ha! It's painful

Comment

Maui,

No one can accuse you of not trying, and it ain't over yet. I'd be lying to say I'm only going tomorrow in hopes of getting a golden ticket.

If its any consultation, opening weekend on Sunday morning, I had a doe come in from my rear. My bow was hanging withing arms length away as I watched the view from front of my blind. No way to reach for it and take a shot.

She couldn't see me but the wind was blowing my scent at her. She came up to where I go in, and sat there for 3 minutes blowing and stomping on the ground trying to get me to move.

Here comes the best part, when she pulls back, she stops in an opening. I don't have a shot. I never bothered to clear a lane. Had I done so, I had an easy 15 yard shot and my ticket would have been punched on the 2nd day of the season.

Comment

Thanks hope, yeah man, it's a learning year for my first bow season for sure. I can say I learned a lot about deer behaviors and habits, patterns, when they are nervous and when they start to calm down. How they look when they know they got a whiff of something blow over them, and what they try to do to make you move. I also loved it when they didn't scent me and I was 7-8 yards away from them squinting when they are looking right at me and they then continue eating and scratching their head with their hoofs. I'm getting better placing myself in a good wind scenario, and looking for signes of deer scrapes, and even had a buck making a scrape about 20yrds from me and watching him get up on his hind legs and nibble and chew the branch above his head. This is all new to me and I loved every minute. Well, almost every minute. I also found my first shed (left over from last year) which was awesome. It actually found me. I walked right up to it as it sat there in all its glory. I saw my first up close fox eating in front of me. Yeah man, I'm not done this year. I'll be there in the morning and afternoon, and Sunday. It's too late for me to change locations now, and had I known what I do now, I would have moved just down a bit from me, but I do have deer, so I'm just turning up the feed times, and feeding them like crazy the next week and half. Good luck to you all who have not gotten your golden ticket. And congrats to the ones who got theirs, You definitely earned it. I can honestly say the only thing that bled this season so far was my right ear that my Broadhead caught. Ha! Ridiculous!! Not even going there. Chow for now guys. Aloha

Comment

Good luck. I'll be out there with you.

Comment

I will be heading out shortly. I bet there are some deer moving today if the wind stays calm. Good luck guys.

Comment

I'm going to check the status of my feeder, camera, and blind at some point this weekend. Im not sure how much of it was claimed by the lake when it was 4' over pool. Feeder might have been gettingcorn to the carp instead of the deer. If its all still there and running, I'll try to take another deer next weekend. Keep posting if you guys still need to take a doe next week, and we can discuss using my setup. There have been shot opportunities nearly every sit this season. I know quite well how frustrating it can be working so hard all season for tag soup.

Comment

Sitting in my blind pretty day. No deer movement so may be a little late in the morning beats sitting at home though

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          Sitting in my blind pretty day. No deer movement so may be a little late in the morning beats sitting at home though
                          Texan was my setup still in tact?

Comment

That's very kind of you blacktail. Would love to talk. Couldn't go this morning, my mother-in-law was checked into the hospital last night. She fainted but is going to be released today thank God for that . Hopefully I'll be able to get in this afternoon good luck to y'all

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                              Texan was my setup still in tact?
                              I will check before I leave

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
                                I'm going to check the status of my feeder, camera, and blind at some point this weekend. Im not sure how much of it was claimed by the lake when it was 4' over pool. Feeder might have been gettingcorn to the carp instead of the deer. If its all still there and running, I'll try to take another deer next weekend. Keep posting if you guys still need to take a doe next week, and we can discuss using my setup. There have been shot opportunities nearly every sit this season. I know quite well how frustrating it can be working so hard all season for tag soup.
                                Nice offer

Comment

Working...
                                X