Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
    I spent 4 hours yesterday clearing a back side entrance that was covered with greenbrier vine and dead trees etc......it sucked!! Those vines are tough sum-biach's fo sure!! But I now have an entrance to my blind where I don't cross multiple deer trails which will hopefully help me out. Having deer everyday on camera except the 10 days I sat was pretty frustrating. I have learned another lesson which will hopefully enable my first bow harvest. I'm going to let the area rest for about 4-5 days if I can restrain myself from not going. I also re-routed my entrance....I'm covered in small scratches on legs hands and arms and glad I had the motivation to do this. Mike, your doe gave me that motivation my brother....congrats again.
    Glad i could help, you definitely put the work in, i hope it pays off soon!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Just seen a police officer with a laso-ed ostrich (or an emu standing 6' tall) in the median at 29 and Parmer..... I assume we are green lighted if one walks into the feeder.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the chasing has started!Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20161026_180508.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24468942

Comment

Boom!! Good pic.

I'll have to find another entry to my stand. Got called out last week by some home owners in the "million dollar home" neighborhood net to Cedar Breaks. Got a note form the "Game Warden" and then some truck followed me out to Cedar Breaks Rd. Guy pulls up next to me screaming that I cant hunt in the neighborhood blah blah blah. Talking about he doesn't want equipment stolen. I told him to pump his breaks and don't care about his equipment and I just want to hunt and get meat.

I called my brother who is G-town PD and he talked to Officer Joel Campos. Told me to call him up. Gave him a call and we talked about the note and they guy who called me in. I cleared some things up with Officer Campos and he said he will prob write a ticket to the neighborhood foreman for writing a note as an officer. So now I have to either move or walk a lot further to my stand.

Talked to one of my players fathers who usually hunts the lake but didn't apply again this year. But he was telling me Tejas has a lot of deer and his buddy is out there. Not sure how many hunters are out there though. We'll see.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

That sucks....You might want to approach the man again and explain your situation. I also cross some nice homes and jump a fence that leads to my spot but have talked to every owner on the street and asked permission. I told them if they see my white 4Runner that it's me and I'm not staking out their property. They all appreciated me asking them and telling them who I am. I even have a couple of their phone numbers and said I can show them around the lake if they wanted. Nobody took me up on the offer yet, and they all know me by now. I hunted the spot last year and again this year. I actually introduced myself to the last house I never meet and the guy was really cool and wanted me to make sure I show him my deer if I ever get one. He's an old time hunter but can't go much anymore due to his age and shape. Might want to do some A#% kissing....you never know, you might get an even better spot out of it.

Comment

There's been a lot of weird stuff going on in Georgetown lately and just recently a man was held up at gunpoint and told to take them to his gun safe which he did. The perps tied him up and stole all of his guns. Sounds like an inside job but the word got around the lake and people are more cautious from this.

Comment

Centex are you hunting area 12?

Comment

Thanks for the advised Maui! I will try and reason with the guy and some home owners. Crazy things are happening around the lake and in Georgetown.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                    Centex are you hunting area 12?
                    not in 12 but in 6a

Comment

4 bucks at my feeder last night while I was in the blind..... still can't find a doe.

Ugg....

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                        4 bucks at my feeder last night while I was in the blind..... still can't find a doe.

Ugg....
                        Ouch...my buddy had his target buck stroll through opening morning and had to watch...that's rough

Comment

Man!!!! I'm sweating like crazy....nice winter afternoon. But the wind is perfect.....it's on

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                            Man!!!! I'm sweating like crazy....nice winter afternoon. But the wind is perfect.....it's on
                            Get em!

Comment

Went out this morning and heard one doe in distance.

Heading out again now. For are finally coming in the evening
                              Attached Files

Comment

[emoji33] Click image for larger version

Name:	20161030_105713.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	24469266

Comment

Working...
                                X