No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine lasted a few trips and then an axle broke! Rough terrain at lake G! Use a modified bike tire game cart from academy now, last one made it 5 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
      Mine lasted a few trips and then an axle broke! Rough terrain at lake G! Use a modified bike tire game cart from academy now, last one made it 5 years...
      Used a low tire wide dolly here. Gave me a free problems but got it going.

Comment

Seems to be a theme here. This happened to me a few weeks ago carrying 150lbs of corn. Anyone know of a good but cheap tire that will hold up on rocks?
        Attached Files

Comment

I just got out here to check my feeder and one of you *******s tore my flagging tape down. It was a cut up army pT belt. If you are too lazy to find a spot early, then you need to not hunt. My trail goes right past your feeder. Guess what, I'll continue walking through your spot the whole season. You are a dirt bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
            I just got out here to check my feeder and one of you *******s tore my flagging tape down. It was a cut up army pT belt. If you are too lazy to find a spot early, then you need to not hunt. My trail goes right past your feeder. Guess what, I'll continue walking through your spot the whole season. You are a dirt bag.

[emoji15] ....how close did they set up to you?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              I just got out here to check my feeder and some sorry SOB tore my flagging tape down. It was a cut up army pT belt. If you are too lazy to find a spot early, then you need to not hunt. My trail goes right past your feeder. Guess what, I'll continue walking through your spot the whole season. You are a dirt bag.

Fixed it for you ...... unless you are 100% sure they are on TBH and this thread? If so why not just call them out by name?

Comment

I'm moving. Good luck in that area.

Last edited by Speedgoat; 09-21-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Speedgoat- you may try and find a big oak. Lots in the yard and I was having 15-20 deer at the feeder and now its 5-6. There are lots of deer eating acorns around though. Usually the acorns don't drop until after opening weekend but not this year. Have one buck I may try and shoot this year that was every evening and morning for the last 2 months. I still see him but now he is just eating acorns. All that is on the corn is young deer. Wish he had a favorite tree he like acorns from but I have fertilized about 40 trees and they are all good I guess.
                  Last edited by glen; 09-21-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I have a big single oak tree and it's been stripped clean by all the woodland creatures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Speedgoat if your area got messed up and you just want to shoot a slickhead just get in touch with me if you are not having luck out there.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Speedgoat if your area got messed up and you just want to shoot a slickhead just get in touch with me if you are not having luck out there.
                        You know me Glen, I have other spots. It just never fails that there are always those who have no understanding of the hunter code of ethics.

Comment

Just thought I would put it out there. Yep I live backing up to the Lake and wont hunt out there because I'm sure it would get under my skin. I could jump the fence and hand corn a few areas within 5 minutes of my back door but don't feel like risking elevated blood pressure while hunting.

Comment

Anybody plan on camping out there opening weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                              Anybody plan on camping out there opening weekend

Not I. But Im thinking about having an opening day eve beer somewhere in the round rock georgetown area if anyone is interested

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Acorns are dropping like crazy out there now

Comment

Working...
                                X