No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep gw should have been called. He damaged my setup last year and he is full of crap saying flushing birds. I had a popup and a ladder stand next to each other. Empty shells in popup and under my ladder stand. He hunts feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by buckbass View Post
      You should have called the game warden
      Not being familiar with the dove hunting rules out there (or anywhere to be honest), I was not able to dispute anything that he was saying. I was unsure whether he was committing violations or just being a disrespectful claim-jumping ****.

Either way, he came boldly onto my setup, with a shotgun in hand, twice. I had no plans to be rude and turn it into a game of real life Cowboys v Indians. I dislike the lack of concealed carry on the property. With both armed hunters and hogs on my site, I feel somewhat vulnerable.

If I got worked up every time someone walked into my setup, I would be a basket case... I have had scout troups, hikers, dog walkers (err chasers), mushroom pickers, ....

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
        Not being familiar with the dove hunting rules out there (or anywhere to be honest), I was not able to dispute anything that he was saying. I was unsure whether he was committing violations or just being a disrespectful claim-jumping ****.

Either way, he came boldly onto my setup, with a shotgun in hand, twice. I had no plans to be rude and turn it into a game of real life Cowboys v Indians. I dislike the lack of concealed carry on the property. With both armed hunters and hogs on my site, I feel somewhat vulnerable.

If I got worked up every time someone walked into my setup, I would be a basket case... I have had scout troups, hikers, dog walkers (err chasers), mushroom pickers, ....
        I believe the late dove season for the north zone ended today, but rest assured hunting them over or near a feeder is very much against the law.

Comment

He sounds like a real winner. And as for flushing birds around feeders, the GW would have a field day with that one. I bet money he'd getting written up for hunting a baited area.

Hope you don't see him the rest of the season.

Comment

double post edit

Comment

Anyone still hunting? Havnt seen any vehiclesbin several weeks on the road near my spot.

Comment

Went out this morning. Been quiet. Going to go hard and camp out mon-Tuesday

Comment

Guys w guns just walked up on me... what can they be hunting then? Duck?

Comment

I said "hunting in progress" and they walked off.

Comment

Did not like how they were talking about how new my feeder looked... 2 guys, young boy, dog off leash.

Comment

Sent Brad yet another email, hopefully I saved the sit by catching em early and quietly.

Comment

If in the upper end of lake could be rabbits and squirrels but required to have on blaze orange for that.

Comment

Just got an e-mail from Brad hunting ends 1/31/2016

Comment

Gotta love that!! So excited. Going after my golden ticket doe this week. Thought I was headed today to camp, but forgot my sons basketball game tonight. Going to head in the morning for two days. Good luck everyone who has not gotten the golden ticket punched out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                                Gotta love that!! So excited. Going after my golden ticket doe this week. Thought I was headed today to camp, but forgot my sons basketball game tonight. Going to head in the morning for two days. Good luck everyone who has not gotten the golden ticket punched out yet.
                                Where are you camping at?

Comment

Working...
                                X