No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted in the morning of 12/4. About the time of sunrise, I heard some noise from my back. The sound was like caused by 4 legs animal, but it would not be a heavy one. But it was too close, so I were not dare to turn around and checked. Then, about 7:40am, a doe was running behind my stand, it was not a jump, just running. But I heard she did not run away, but made a circle and hide somewhere at my left side. Cann't tell how far it was, but it should not more than 30 yards. I guess she still wanted to come to my feeder, but just felt not safe and would like observed for a while. After 15 mins or so, I heard something came out from my right side. Guess what, two coyotes. They were quick and quiet moving to my left. A few minutes later, a doe bolted out and ran away in front of me, a coyote was chasing her. Then, my hunt was messed up...

Comment

I heard quite a few coyotes thanksgiving weekend. They were not too far from me and had the neighborhood dogs and a donkey stired up.

We're back off of cedar hollow.

Comment

Anybody been out there this week? Seen anything or, better yet, brought something home for dinner?

Comment

I've been out a few time in the last 2 weeks. The deer seem to have gone nocturnal, I assume from hunting pressure. I've still got my cam out, 1 pic in 2 weeks of deer during shooting hours. The best bet now is to hunt all the really cold days (if we ever have any!) when they have no choice but to eat to stay warm.

-Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Comment

What is the last day of hunting?

Comment

I've made it out there three times this season. Killed one doe, and now due to some personal garbage my season is pretty much over.

If I get REALLY lucky I might get one more hunt in.

They usually go to the end of January, but to be sure you should check with the office.

Comment

Hi Jon! I hope everything works out for you! I saw you last night at HEB. I would have said hello but I was late picking up my boy!

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                  January 31st is the last day.

Comment

I shot one doe in 12/22. It is a heart shot. The deer ran about 65 yards and left a good bloody trail.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
                      Hi Jon! I hope everything works out for you! I saw you last night at HEB. I would have said hello but I was late picking up my boy!
                      Well, you could have waved or something!

Everything always works out, doesn't it?

Comment

Who is in charge now that Terri Beth is gone? And did they ever tell us an official end hunting date in our paperwork?

Comment

I was out there yesterday evening and right as I was packing up a big buck came in. It was too dark to see just how big he was but he was well outside the 13" AR. I'm not sure how he got to be so big because he sure was stupid. I kissed at him 5 times and he would just go back to eating. Then I started clucking and he wouldn't leave!. I think I said something like "oh come on!" Before he finally ran off.

Comment

I know this is a long shot, but, if anyone found/finds an all black Trufire release out by Cedar Hollow, give me a holler. I have no idea how it went missing but it is nowhere I can find - I've torn the house and my truck apart looking for it. I had it Saturday morning and then I went out Saturday afternoon and it was gone.
                            Thanks

Comment

If I see it I'll let you know, do you have one to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
                                If I see it I'll let you know, do you have one to use?
                                Not yet. I'm probably going to go out today or tomorrow to buy a replacement unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X