Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info

I'm new to Tx and still trying to learn how and where to get access. I didn't know Georgetown Lk offered hunting. I thought the only public hunting was through the annual hunting permit. Can any of you let me in on any other public access areas?

Comment

Try the Corps public hunting land around Lake Belton. Not far from Georgetown.

Sent from. my Droid using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks JSK

awsome i'm checkin out there site already and planing for next season.

Comment

If I remember correctly there's no deer hunting at Lake Belton. If there is I'd like to know how and I am sure someone will chime in and set me straight! :-)

Comment

With your APH permit you can hunt hogs at Lake Granger (Taylor). And to deer hunt it's by TPWD draw system.
            Another good place to hunt is Lake Whitney, all you do is go to the lake office during business hours, sign up, give them I think $10 and your in, no APH required.

Comment

First time post here (joined a while back but forgot about it - thanks for reminding me Genevieve!). I went out there morning and evening today and all I saw were doves, a cat, a couple squirrels, and an armadillo. Heard a couple of guys talking real loud. Anyone else have any luck lately? I haven't seen anything out there in the last month except a buck and a couple real youngsters.

Comment

Wow I'm popular today! I shot a doe this evening. 2 friends came out to help me look for her but we never found my arrow or a blood trail I doubt I'll hunt in the morning I'm exhausted and there were a bunch of trucks there when I left. I'm guessing people were camping out there I could hear them when we were looking for my doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
                  Wow I'm popular today! I shot a doe this evening. 2 friends came out to help me look for her but we never found my arrow or a blood trail I doubt I'll hunt in the morning I'm exhausted and there were a bunch of trucks there when I left. I'm guessing people were camping out there I could hear them when we were looking for my doe.
                  Glad to hear your seeing some deer! Sorry you couldn't find your doe, but that's hunting, we've all been there. Keep at it, you'll get one on the ground. If you ever need help tracking or getting one out of the woods let me know, I'm not far away and I'm always out there.

-Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Comment

Hey Jerry thanks for the DVD I'll watch it and get it back to you next weekend. The guy on the DVD is the taxidermist that I use!

Comment

Hey Jerry thanks for the DVD I'll watch it and get it back to you next weekend. The guy on the DVD is the taxidermist that I use!
                      That's funny. I hadn't looked close enough to see he was from around here.

By the way, you and everyone else that hunts down there keep eyes open. I got there late this morning (went several rounds with the snooze button until the alarm finally won ) around 6:30 I think. Between that time and 10:30 when I walked out to get something to eat, someone had fired at least 40 golf balls down into the parking area. That MiniCooper that was parked in your usual spot had his back passenger side window shattered and had several good dents in the side. I didn't find anything wrong with mine (but it's tough to tell) and I didn't see anything major on your truck. I looked up the road a bit and didn't find anywhere that someone was hitting balls from so they were probably thrown. The majority of the balls were found on the north side of the road but I had quite a few around my truck on the south side and there were a few straight down at the end of the road. Just FYI to everyone.

Comment

I picked up about 20 balls when I was looking for my doe. I was irritated that they were parked in my spot but now I'm kinda glad I didn't park there! How far can an average person hit a golf ball? If any of y'all golf I have about 30 brand new looking golf balls.
                        Jerry you must have gotten there right after me! I was wrapped up in my blankets and so comfy I didn't want to get out of bed I hit snooze about 15 times. I didn't even bother to shower, I just sprayed off with the scent killer spray and rolled around in a cedar.

Comment

I picked up about 20 balls when I was looking for my doe. I was irritated that they were parked in my spot but now I'm kinda glad I didn't park there! How far can an average person hit a golf ball? If any of y'all golf I have about 30 brand new looking golf balls.
                          Jerry you must have gotten there right after me! I was wrapped up in my blankets and so comfy I didn't want to get out of bed I hit snooze about 15 times. I didn't even bother to shower, I just sprayed off with the scent killer spray and rolled around in a cedar.
                          I worked for a major golf company for almost 11 years - depends on what club they're using. Drivers can go 220-300 yards but with hitting concrete can go even farther. Wedges 50-75 yards.
                          Did you find your doe? At least find blood or the arrow? I have one of those blood lights if you found some blood and think it might help... I'm heading out there this afternoon, I'll have it with me. Gonna go talk to Matt a little before I get out there to let him know in case it happens again or happens elsewhere (someone targeting hunter's vehicles???) - I already called him, but wanted to talk to him anyway.

Comment

Do you think bouncing off the asphault could break the windows or do that much damage? Everyone was gone when I got back to my truck so I didn't see the damage. My truck has taken a beating. A few dents from golfballs won't be noticable and besides its a truck not a wussy mini cooper
                            At least it was a car that got hit and not a person or a child.
                            Aren't golf balls kind of expensive to be hitting into the woods? I have a bucket full if anyone wants them, they're all Callaway balls. It shouldn't be hard to find the guy that lost his balls not many houses within 400 yards.

I didn't find blood or my arrow

Comment

Forgot to mention that I've been finding balls for about a month now some were right next to my blind and one under my feeder

Comment

Sucks about the golf balls... Where are yall parked at?

Comment

Working...
                                X