Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
    Justin im under the impression everyone still needs to draw
    Yep just 1 needs to draw all four get to hunt. Don't even have to hunt together. Odds are better with 4 on an application, that is why I am looking brefore I turn mine in.

Comment

Only the one that is group leader. I asked stacy all of that and if group leader isnt picked them group doesnt go. Your group doesnt get 4 chances to get drawn. At least thats how last season was. I never even got an email when we got in. Only the group leader did.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
        Only the one that is group leader. I asked stacy all of that and if group leader isnt picked them group doesnt go. Your group doesnt get 4 chances to get drawn. At least thats how last season was. I never even got an email when we got in. Only the group leader did.
        Think you heard that wrong ........ Only the "group leader" or main person on app will be contacted since thats whos info they have. All others still get a number assigned to them and DO give a better chance. They issue a number to ALL names not just the main one on top.

Last year I was "group leader" and was not the one that was drawn it was a person in my group.

You did not get email because all they had was your name on file / app
        Last edited by justintyme8303; 06-26-2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
          talked to brad last week via email. he told me i was exempt from the draw. shot one deer in park hunt.
          Was it a Doe?

I ask bc a friend of mine shot a button buck and he was thinking he was in but I told him prob not since it stated must shoot a doe to get back in.
          Last edited by justintyme8303; 06-26-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
            Think you heard that wrong ........ Only the "group leader" or main person on app will be contacted since thats whos info they have. All others still get a number assigned to them and DO give a better chance. They issue a number to ALL names not just the main one on top.

Last year I was "group leader" and was not the one that was drawn it was a person in my group.

You did not get email because all they had was your name on file / app
            That is what I was told at the office. The group leader will be notified if any of the 4 are drawn. She told to get 4 people and you have 4 chances.

Comment

So now that the lake is full I can't get to the spot I hunted last year.

I'm starting to look at new spots. Is everyone under the assumption that compartments 1-4 will be closed again this year?

Comment

Another question for those of you that hunt of DB woods, what is the preferred method for getting over the fence?

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                  Another question for those of you that hunt of DB woods, what is the preferred method for getting over the fence?
                  Carefully it's barbed wire

Comment

East side north of bridge is full since we all got does and coming back this year.

Comment

Is there a map with all these areas you guys are talking about? And for areas that will be closed etc. I have been Google earthing the heck out of the place and putting a lot of miles in scouting. It's sure different then google earth right now with all the water. Half the spots I went to go check are all pretty much swamp. I'll be heading out again Sunday morning. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                        Is there a map with all these areas you guys are talking about? And for areas that will be closed etc. I have been Google earthing the heck out of the place and putting a lot of miles in scouting. It's sure different then google earth right now with all the water. Half the spots I went to go check are all pretty much swamp. I'll be heading out again Sunday morning. Thanks
                        Google lake Georgetown hunting map...there is a map on their website that shows the different areas and the trail.

Comment

Good deal, thanks

Comment

I sing up today. #152. It feels great to be exempt. Hope my wife gets drawn this year. there are 32 people exempt and I know of at least 3 that have not turned in their application. Good luck to everyone this year

Comment

I will be taking my application over on Tuesday so if anyone wants on it or you know anybody that would be interested PM me and let me know so we can work out the details. Thanks

Comment

pm sent to texasn4ut

Comment

Working...
                                X