Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody on here from group 1 hunt site 99?

Comment

Seen that guys spot. Day one he shot 2. He parked on grass along side of road and made a make shift blind at his driver door.

Comment

How is it going group 2?

Comment

Anybody camping group 3

Comment

wonder how group 2 did.

Comment

Group 2

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
              I got Group 2 and so did my buddy.
              So how was it?

Comment

According to Jim, the park attendant that's been in charge of checking in all of the deer, group 2 hasn't taken any deer. I'll keep everybody posted if I hear anymore info.

Comment

Group 2 stank it up I believe (along with myself). We got there a little late (2:10) and there were only 5 spots still available. So, we got ones down by the lake which aren't the best. Only saw two does the first night that tried to cross down the park road but were too spooky and ended up turning around and running back in the trees. Went down to the check in after the hunt and no one ever showed up.

Group 3, get there as soon as you can to pick spots. Get the ones closest to the neighborhoods. Hope the deer come in, and definitely try to hide yourself.

Comment

Well I cant make check in at 2pm so ill be getting what ever spot is left and set up after the hunt this afternoon.

Comment

I hunted at site 99. The only deer I saw was one spooky doe that came in after dark on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                        Group 2 stank it up I believe (along with myself). We got there a little late (2:10) and there were only 5 spots still available. So, we got ones down by the lake which aren't the best. Only saw two does the first night that tried to cross down the park road but were too spooky and ended up turning around and running back in the trees. Went down to the check in after the hunt and no one ever showed up.

Group 3, get there as soon as you can to pick spots. Get the ones closest to the neighborhoods. Hope the deer come in, and definitely try to hide yourself.
                        I don't know if any spot will better than another at this point. We (group 1) killed the majority of our deer in spots closer to the lake. I think the deer caught on to the game a little sooner than expected. I honestly thi k they should have spaced the groups out a little to give the deer a little time to let their guard down before the next group showed up. After "shootin fish in a barrell" on Thursday it really seemed like we'd be dragging a deer out every hunt, but when friday came it was like somebody turned off a switch. Very few deer anywhere...and it o ly got worse every hunt. Of the deer i did see, none of them were coming from the neighborhood...they all came from the area toward the boat ramp and were moving across the park towards thecove on the other side.

Comment

Yeah, I still saw plenty of deer moving, but all after dark. As soon as the sun came up, they shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
                            Yeah, I still saw plenty of deer moving, but all after dark. As soon as the sun came up, they shut down.
                            I imagine it will only get worse with allthehunting pressure. Its gonna be tough to fill all the tags they got for the park.
                            Have you seen much moving around at your spot in the general hunting area? They've really slowed down at my spot. I've still got deer coming in but mostly at night. I think we need some more cold weather to keep the moving.

Comment

Lots of night pics again

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                                I imagine it will only get worse with allthehunting pressure. Its gonna be tough to fill all the tags they got for the park.
                                Have you seen much moving around at your spot in the general hunting area? They've really slowed down at my spot. I've still got deer coming in but mostly at night. I think we need some more cold weather to keep the moving.
                                All at nigh and no consistency. I counted only two days that deer (both bucks) showed up at my feeder during daylight. Rest of em coming anywhere from
                                7p-3a.

I do however have some trophy sized raccoons at my feeder.

Comment

Working...
                                X